MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hi, my current BIOS version is E1762II1.50U. Does flashing this unlocked BIOS allow my mobo to recognize Corsair Vengance 1866MHz DDR3? When I boot up my laptop with that new RAM installed, the computer does turn on but the screen does not. Is this an issue of BIOS incompatibility? Please be easy on me since I don't know a lot about hardware stuff and may ask some silly questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
I have an MSI GE60 2PC Apache. My goal is to re-map the fan speed so it can shut off when the computer is at idle. It runs cooler than the human body, but the fan is still running...

Fan trip point table are placed in EC Firmware. Post here EC Firmware from your laptop, and we can see what we can do with it.

• Bios Modder
Okay! How do I do that? Is there a turorial somewhere? (As far as getting the firmware from my laptop, not so much posting it)

EC Firmware for your laptop you can find on the MSI website. Just download it, and then flash it in to your laptop. Then just look the number of version EC Firmware in bios setup menu(on the first page "Main").

• Thumbs Up 1

EC Firmware for your laptop you can find on the MSI website. Just download it, and then flash it in to your laptop. Then just look the number of version EC Firmware in bios setup menu(on the first page "Main").

Bios Version..... E16GFIMS.61C

EC Version..... 16GFEMS1 Ver5.09

ME FW Version..... 9.0.30.1482

• Bios Modder
I did so, but the BIOS shows no change in the installed firmware...

Yes, that right, the bios do not must show you any change. I change only temperature table for fan, as you ask, i reduce fan speed when temp is low.

Yes, that right, the bios do not must show you any change. I change only temperature table for fan, as you ask, i reduce fan speed when temp is low.

Thank you, I notice the difference now! Would it be possible to acquire the software you used to adjust the fan table? It seems to frequently switch between the lowest fan state and off (about every two seconds at certain temps), sounding a bit like a revving car. I think this might require a good bit of tuning work, which would go faster for me with the laptop in hand.

Either way, thank you for your help, it's much improved over how it was!

Hello,

First, excuse for my approximative english.

I've installed an AMD 7970m on my GT780DXR MSI laptop. It works fine but sometimes I've throttles problems.

Is the unlocked bios will solve this problem ???

Is there a modded bios for MSI GE60 2PE so that I can undervolt the GTX860M?

Hi raven_ninety,

I think you will need only flash "custom-modded-undervolted" GTX860M VideoBIOS, not System BIOS to undervolt your GFX card

• Bios Modder
How can I backup my system bios or is this the one below?

This is the file I downloaded from MSI

E16GFIMS.521

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12957[/ATTACH]

No. You need create backup of your native bios, from your laptop. Not from MSI website.

No. You need create backup of your native bios, from your laptop. Not from MSI website.

I've used Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit v2.0 but its says

post-11953-14494998620323_thumb.jpg

after the warning the read button is disabled unless I checked Custom then set a size

post-11953-14494998620581_thumb.jpg

Is it safe to backup the bios just by checking Custom and setting the size to 8mb (same size of bios, I downloaded from msi)?

If yes here it is after pressing Read then Backup

msige602pebiosbackup

If this is wrong is there a guide on how to backup the bios of msi ge60 2pe apche pro?

Hello

I am writing an interpreter so sorry for mistakes

MSI GX740 laptop I downloaded the unlocked bios from this forum E1727IMS.10F

All the hidden options are shown outside the main tab Chipset

This tab is is certainly set to be visible

5137960100_1411892641_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, after entering the bios is all in addition to the bookmark, and of course the option of related

4135208200_1411892834_thumb.jpg

Has anyone any idea how to solve this problem?