MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

I Have the GT70 ONE 452US And im getting error when i try to flash it says afudos couldnt get the flash information and i really need to flash my vbios because my graphic card is dead and is the only way to stop the fans and change default graphic to intel hd

Oh and by the way... Thank you for all the hard work Xonar. I'm thinking some more experienced users about "I am currently looking for people with 3rd-gen core-i (Ivy Bridge) G-series notebooks as testers. Please contact me if you are interested." might have contacted you about it, but if they haven't yet, I have an 0NC, I'll be flashing it and will do tests if you still need any." In fact I saw that some did but I might keep looking further and post any results at this date.

So I'm trying to upgrade/repair my MS-16F2 by replacing its broken GTX570 with a 7970M.

I wanted to quickly check if I'm doing this right, I already have or will soon have the following:

- a Dell 7970M card

- an appropriate heatsink for the 7970M from a GX60

- new thermal pads and paste

- a bootable DOS USB drive with the correct 3 BIOS update files from the opening post

Am I forgetting something? Will I likely need to do something to the vBIOS of the card?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have a GT70 0NE-276US, and am trying to find a way to disable Optimus and use only the Nvidia video chip. I've been reading and reading, but I'm still not sure if this will help me. Can anyone confirm or deny the ability to force the use of either graphics chip after unlocking the BIOS?

i'm just got a used GT60 0ND recently for about 650 bucks...

but in neither come in win 8 or win 7 OS...

really want to try the bios in the first page...

but can anyone inform me...is the unlock bios is for win 7 based or win 8 based uefi...?

eventhough i got the rig pretty cheap...still don't wanna to mess it with total brick or something like that...:(

• Bios Modder
i'm just got a used GT60 0ND recently for about 650 bucks...

but in neither come in win 8 or win 7 OS...

really want to try the bios in the first page...

but can anyone inform me...is the unlock bios is for win 7 based or win 8 based uefi...?

eventhough i got the rig pretty cheap...still don't wanna to mess it with total brick or something like that...:(

Your need flash win7 bios.

• Bios Modder
Would flashing this BIOS allow me to have manual control over the fan on my ms-16f2? I'm kinda stuck since my fan speed won't go up under load after successfully upgrading it with a 7970M.

No, flashing unlock or mod BIOS can not allow you to have manual control over the fan. Fan control placed in EC firmware, and we need to modificate EC firmware. What the version of EC firmware in your laptop?

Helppp!! I flashed my gx740 with the modded bios. It said everything was done and went back to the blinking c prompt. I restarted the laptop and now it doesn't do anything and I have to hold the power button to shut it off. Is the motherboard bricked? I didn't do anything incorrectly and flash things all the time..... :(

Hi all I have a gt70 dominator with a single gtx870m and in the future would like to get a stable overclock to maximise performance for gaming. my cpu is i7 4800mq 2.7ghz ,3.7ghz with boost. Is it possible to get a decent overclock with this laptop?

If so could you give a brief description of how I go about upgrading bios as I have never done this before.i guess id just like to know how to backup and any things to look out for that you may have learnt the hard way It would be nice to know that I could get it back to stock ok if needed.Also where could I download bios from?

I overclock using Nvidia inspecter or msi afterburner.

You sure your GPU didn't crap out. Also did you do the power drain for CMOS and ec reset?

Where you talking to me about this? My gpu was totally fine before I flashed, so I doubt it would crap out. I left the laptop unplugged, no battery, cmos battery out overnight and still a no go. The HDD light flashes for a sec every once in a while and I tried doing the force flash with AMIBOOT and I could not get it to work.......

Yep i think i was. If you've done the power drain trick and the GPU was fine before hand, i'd say your bios flash went wrong somewhere.

PM me a copy of the bios used and i will get you the recovery file name for ya. Might help trying to fix the issue. Also another way is to remove all HDD's etc out so it forces either a USB boot or a network boot and then make a autoexec.bat to flash the file that way.

Ok try downloading the original bios rom MSI for the GX740 which is .10F then call that file E1727IMS.ROM and place this on a blank fat32 formatted USB stick.

Place this stick then into the USB 2.0 Port on the side where the Audio jacks are as well as the sdcard slot and firewire port.

Then spam the hell out of CTRL+HOME which might also be CTRL + FN+PgUp or CTRL + Numpad 7.

Hopefully this will work for you. If it does then i'd leave it on stock personally.