MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

I am not one to spam.

unlocks or unhides, memory voltage? advanced options menus.

Actually, I have taken the time to research doing it myself. I got the AMI BCP, successfully disabled HT but I am unsure what is correct to unhide sections correctly.

Is there a thread on this and I will do it myself.

TIA

can somebody unlock the gt70-2oc bios for free?

Which version? Give me a link.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I'm running the BIOS now. Everything seems great except that I can't seem to find where to tweak the bsclk in the BIOS. Is it unlocked in this version?

Advanced - Intel ICC - Div2S

I am not one to spam.

unlocks or unhides, memory voltage? advanced options menus.

Actually, I have taken the time to research doing it myself. I got the AMI BCP, successfully disabled HT but I am unsure what is correct to unhide sections correctly.

Is there a thread on this and I will do it myself.

TIA

To display an option in BIOS you need to make sure the "show" column is set to "yes", and that the "access/use" section is set to "USER". This needs to be done individually to each option, as well as to each parent tab for that option. Not all options have the required behind the scenes functions to make them work, but setting whatever you want in "optimal" will work, just that you won't have a BIOS option for it and the change will be permanent.

Also my understanding is that MSI BIOS built by AMIBCP require hex editor work to get it into a proper format to flash. Are you saying it flashed anyway despite not doing this, or did you just build a BIOS and haven't tried flashing yet?

As for memory voltage, if you can't edit the BIOS for 1.5V, you can edit the SPD table byte 0x04 for 1.5V. I doubt the laptop can configure the memory voltage at all though without hardware mods.

Also be careful. Someone once bricked an MSI laptop by playing around with disabling HT. Just because something looks like it should work doesn't mean it will.

hey please upload the bios i have a look on it and tell you if i unlock it :)

ps: bios flashing is very risky try intel xtu ! it is a great tool and you can change the multipliers of your processor :)

and there is only a part of the risk of bios flashing

Here is Whitebook (untested) and Medion x6823 - MS16F3

[ATTACH]10736[/ATTACH]

Unlocked Bios, All options available (disable optimus / dGPU / Ram Speed / RAID and lots lots more) and power management patched to enable native power management on Hackintosh installs.

BLCK is in section - Advanced - Intel ICC - Div2S

Please use this bios only on compatible systems and completely at your own risk.

To bypass secure link / flash errors I always flash using cmd prompt as admin in windows -
[FONT=Verdana]afuwinx64 [/FONT]ms16f3.bin[FONT=Verdana] /gan[/FONT]

Before Flash and after Flash always reset bios to default settings F9

Enjoy and don't forget to say thanks :)
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've first used Afudos. As I was surprised by the small size of the file I then used fpt. Both file had the same size, but I sent you the fpt one?

@ftln : Hey dude, would you be interested in modding my bios for my GT60-2oC last gen? I've posted it on post #794

@ftln : Hey dude, would you be interested in modding my bios for my GT60-2oC last gen? I've posted it on post #794

I dont do mods.

A friend did this one for me.

Just sharing in case any other readers with same hardware want unlock features..

Hi, I have a MSI GX60 AC1 - I have replaced the cpu with the A8 5550m es and get oc up to 3.7 but I noticed if I try taking the voltage to over 1.237 then it throttles really bad, will the unlocked bios give me some options to work around this?

Also if not anyone have any ideas on how I will be able to get around it, as I have noticed someone with same laptop and cpu get up to 4.0 with a volt of 1.267, but I really can't see how he got it so high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Here is Whitebook (untested) and Medion x6823 - MS16F3

[ATTACH]10736[/ATTACH]

Unlocked Bios, All options available (disable optimus / dGPU / Ram Speed / RAID and lots lots more) and power management patched to enable native power management on Hackintosh installs.

BLCK is in section - Advanced - Intel ICC - Div2S

Please use this bios only on compatible systems and completely at your own risk.

To bypass secure link / flash errors I always flash using cmd prompt as admin in windows -

[FONT=Verdana]afuwinx64 [/FONT]ms16f3.bin[FONT=Verdana] /gan[/FONT]

Before Flash and after Flash always reset bios to default settings F9

Enjoy and don't forget to say thanks :)

Thanks for posting this!

MSI GT60 0NE is based on MS16F3.

A couple of questions for you: 1) Have u tried it with Optimus off OR dGPU alone? Rumors have it that MSI branded models have the lcd connected only to the Intel HD4000, so when u turn Optimus off the Notebook gets #@$%#%, i.e. you cannot see anything!!! 2) I know u didnt do it yourself but I will attach the latest MSI GT60 0NE bios. Can u plz send it your friend to do the same mods he did on the Medion Bios? [ATTACH]10786[/ATTACH] 3) The reason I want Optimus OFF is to use the GTX680m in a Hackintosh machine & I ve been struggling with this issue for over a year now.....

Thanks in advance!