MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

My graphics card died on my MSI 1761 (g-card: gtx 570m), so I decided to replace it with a gtx770m, which members of this forum with the same laptop reliably tell me works. (see: http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/3810-upgrading-gt780dx-277us-ms-1761-gtx780m-3.html)

Tried to turn laptop on; I get power up and backlight, but g-card does not post. Comments indicate that this is a BIOS issue, so I set about doing a BLIND FLASH, as per your instructions, Xonar.

I've created a USB flashstick, placed the applicable flash files on it, and have renamed to the ROM to AMIBOOT. Plug laptop in, plug USB Flashstick in and power on. I spam the combo CTRL+FN+PGUP. This time the backlight doesn't come on, however there are no 4 bleeps, and the USB's LED does not flash, indicating data transfer.

Please advise Xonar, you're my only hope! :S

Yes. Better choice is FPT for DOS. Download it and put to your bootable USB flash drive. Then boot in to real DOS and just type command: fpt -d backup.rom -bios

well, i tried it but i need a website a username and a password to download these files...ive googled for hous but cant find a thing...can you help me or upload those files anywhere?

• Bios Modder
well, i tried it but i need a website a username and a password to download these files...ive googled for hous but cant find a thing...can you help me or upload those files anywhere?

Ok. This is for you.

Backup.zip

Can you tell me what the "SecondGenAMDAPU.zip"does?

Or is it the newest Bios from the MSI Page?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9205 mit Tapatalk 2

It's an unlocked bios for MSI GX60, I found this in this site but the ROMID it's not compatible with my actual BIOS

Hi guys,

Is it possible to unlock GT60 2OC - E16F4IMS.70K bios and slightly speed up the fan? I mean to make it working more eficient when PC is under heavy load but quiet when it isn't. At the moment i am using Soft-button turbo fan feature which has fixed high RPM but it is loud.If that is not possible, please just unlock bios if you can.

Thanks in advance

HW info Reads brand name as MSI GT60. This Bios is flashed http://download7.msi.com/download_files/bos_exe/E16F3IMS.10U.zip ... custom EC only for GT60 retails works too .. sooo can i flash the GT60 file in the first post ? thanks ! :) or better dump the actual bios and let it modify ?

-----------------works

unstable while nvidia gpu is activated

trying ec reset, using custom EC , maybe the problem ??

------jupp unstable

bios seems to have a problem with the 675mx :)

Do you have any idea if the unlocked BIOS could help me with my problem? I've posted here: http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/5740-gx60-1ac-021us-network-adapter-update.html#post80367

Mainly, I've bought a dual band network adpater but it doesn't detect any networks. The card is recognized and it installs just fine. But I've got no other clue and I tought that maybe, the unlocked BIOS could help... Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

Hi again guys. Taking another crack at getting this working:

I've got an MSI 1761 WHITEBOOK with a i72670QM processor. Originally my WHITEBOOK had a 570m, which I have no replaced with a compatible 770m(CLEVO) which works.

The card posts, however after boot, Windows Starts and then I get a bluescreen.

I tried flashing Xonar's 1761 2nd Gen i-Core bios however I was getting BIOS ID errors.

I added /x to the update.bat and the flash was successful, however the bluescreen thing still persists.

Is anyone able to provide me with a BIOS for an MS-1761 WHITEBOOK using a 770m graphics card?

EDIT] OK! SOLUTION!

Hit del when booting, go to the advanced tab, change SATA to ACHI from RAID. Done.<del>

:)</del>

I flashed my MS-1763 whitebook to Dragon 2 bios.

I am looking for this bios unhide/unlock.

TIA

[ATTACH]10081[/ATTACH]

Contributed :dog:

Bumped twice now and waited a month checking in daily.

I am sure this bios is already done but I cannot view/download any attachment, I cannot PM...

Bumped twice now and waited a month checking in daily.

I am sure this bios is already done but I cannot view/download any attachment, I cannot PM...

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for to be unlocked? Your BIOS has a ton of hidden menus.