MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

This might be stupid question but I'm running out of options while trying to get gtx 770m work in GT780R.

Can I flash 1761 whitebook bios on GT780R machine ? Will that hurt ? I think the motherboards should be same...

Edit:

I have tried, it works fine.

Wow, finally done reading through 61 pages of posts. I swear if I had this much conviction when I read my medical books and articles...haha...

Ok, so from what I get from what I've read I heard that this unlocked bios for the g-series opens up a whole lotta options. I have a GE60-OND laptop and have been reading a couple threads in this forum as well as a couple other forums. My concern with this laptop is the heat it generates. I've already done these steps:

1) Repasted

2) Already used Prema's BIOS OC mod for the GPU, though I've used it more for monitoring and tweaking my GPU to make sure it doesn't go into the 80's

3) Actually use a laptop cooler and removed the bottom cover for more airflow during my gaming sessions

4) Used Throttlestop to lower the CPU multiplier to prevent my CPU peaking into the 90's

As of now, haven't seen any modded BIOS by Xonar for my model. While reading some posts I noted a two questions; one unanswered and one which I thought of after reading a post. In case Xonar does get around to making one for my model, I just wanted to ask the following questions:

(Regarding post #285) Someone confirmed that this mod enabled user to enable/disable hyperthreading. To anyone that has done this, has this done anything to decrease the CPU temps, and if so by how much?

(Regarding post #439 and #513) Question was asked if undervolting was unlocked in this BIOS, but no one replied to that question. This is something that i would LOVE for my laptop and, thus, asking if anyone using this BIOS can verify if this is possible with the modded BIOS.

Finally, to anyone who has a similar model, if they have had any problems with high temps and any tips/suggestions. Oh yeah, I also read the thread of a user Forge and his escapades with this model in another forum, so no need to suggest that thread or the thread which talks about an nvidia kepler 6xx overclocking guide on that same forum. Been there, read that...

Oh, and one more thing, in case I did the wrong thing about how I referred to the past posts, I wasn't sure how to do multiple 'Reply With Quote' posts. Sorry for that and any indication how to do that would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: DOH! Should have looked at the one post above. I think from what Niklausz stated in his post, I think that undervolting is possible. Anybody else want to verify about that fact?

3) Actually use a laptop cooler and removed the bottom cover for more airflow during my gaming sessions

I'm not sure removing bottom cover is a good idea - not sure about the 16F2 but it definitely made things worse on 1761.

There is a reason why there are holes on certain places in the bottom cover - the fan is sucking the air through those holes and its cooling some parts on its way to fan where its used to cool the heatsink. As I said - it might be okay on 16f2 and you said you are using cooling pad, just saying that the bottom cover is designed to create

air draught. Removing bottom on my gt780 increased the temperature for about 5 degrees.

Wow, finally done reading through 61 pages of posts. I swear if I had this much conviction when I read my medical books and articles...haha...

Ok, so from what I get from what I've read I heard that this unlocked bios for the g-series opens up a whole lotta options. I have a GE60-OND laptop and have been reading a couple threads in this forum as well as a couple other forums. My concern with this laptop is the heat it generates. I've already done these steps:

1) Repasted

2) Already used Prema's BIOS OC mod for the GPU, though I've used it more for monitoring and tweaking my GPU to make sure it doesn't go into the 80's

4) Used Throttlestop to lower the CPU multiplier to prevent my CPU peaking into the 90's

As of now, haven't seen any modded BIOS by Xonar for my model. While reading some posts I noted a two questions; one unanswered and one which I thought of after reading a post. In case Xonar does get around to making one for my model, I just wanted to ask the following questions:

(Regarding post #285) Someone confirmed that this mod enabled user to enable/disable hyperthreading. To anyone that has done this, has this done anything to decrease the CPU temps, and if so by how much?

(Regarding post #439 and #513) Question was asked if undervolting was unlocked in this BIOS, but no one replied to that question. This is something that i would LOVE for my laptop and, thus, asking if anyone using this BIOS can verify if this is possible with the modded BIOS.

Finally, to anyone who has a similar model, if they have had any problems with high temps and any tips/suggestions. Oh yeah, I also read the thread of a user Forge and his escapades with this model in another forum, so no need to suggest that thread or the thread which talks about an nvidia kepler 6xx overclocking guide on that same forum. Been there, read that...

Oh, and one more thing, in case I did the wrong thing about how I referred to the past posts, I wasn't sure how to do multiple 'Reply With Quote' posts. Sorry for that and any indication how to do that would be greatly appreciated...

EDIT: DOH! Should have looked at the one post above. I think from what Niklausz stated in his post, I think that undervolting is possible. Anybody else want to verify about that fact?

I can't really answer your questions as I don't have your system but I've unlocked the BIOS for you, It's for windows 8.

I can't really answer your questions as I don't have your system but I've unlocked the BIOS for you, It's for windows 8.

http://www.fildirekt.se/dl/1378270048.rar

I currently have Windows 7 running. Is that BIOS still compatible?

@Bugii - BTW, here's two screenshots of benchmarking my system with an Antec Cooler to Go. First is the one with the back cover and turbofan. The second is without the back cover with just normal fan. The difference in temperature without the back is 11 degrees lower for my GPU and without having to turn the fanboost on...my CPU temps, well that's another story...these screenshots were prior to me using Throttlestop to lower my multiplier to 27 for my CPU. At this multiplier, when I'm gaming the CPU temps hover around mid-80s, as opposed to mid to high 90s when using default settings.

post-15415-14494996005651_thumb.jpg

post-15415-14494996004922_thumb.jpg

I currently have Windows 7 running. Is that BIOS still compatible?

@Bugii - BTW, here's two screenshots of benchmarking my system with an Antec Cooler to Go. First is the one with the back cover and turbofan. The second is without the back cover with just normal fan. The difference in temperature without the back is 11 degrees lower for my GPU and without having to turn the fanboost on...my CPU temps, well that's another story...these screenshots were prior to me using Throttlestop to lower my multiplier to 27 for my CPU. At this multiplier, when I'm gaming the CPU temps hover around mid-80s, as opposed to mid to high 90s when using default settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8813[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8814[/ATTACH]

NO! :) I'll unlock a win7 version and PM it to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

NO! :) I'll unlock a win7 version and PM it to you.

Thank you Suoah, just loaded the modified BIOS. Had no problems flashing. Unfortunately, no settings for changing the voltage for the CPU. I tried disabling the hyperthreading, since that was available, but unfortunately that didn't help with my temps. For those wondering whether disabling hyperthreading lowers temps, here's two screenshots of my laptop CPU temps with hyperthreading enabled and disabled. Used Prime95 and FurMark. Hyperthreading apparently has no effect on temps, so might as well keep it enabled.

post-15415-14494996007343_thumb.jpg

Haven't seen anybody upload actual pics of the various settings of the unlocked BIOS. I will try to upload pics later. Also not sure if the available settings are the same across the board for the different BIOSes of the GE-series. I have looked through all the settings, though I'm not familiar with the actions/purpose of each setting. Maybe after I upload the pics, someone can discuss what each setting does.

post-15415-14494996006373_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I've finally finished editing pictures as much as I can for the modified BIOS. This is the modified BIOS of my model, GE60-0ND, care of Suoah. Just want to apologize in advance if my pics seem a little skewed, and the amateur cut/paste editing. Took over 60 pics, and spent a day and a half using GIMP and MS Paint to edit the pics (I know...you can feel free to laugh at my poor skills of graphics editing). Arranged the pics in a type of hierarchy order. For example, a pic with the name '10_BIOS_AdvancedTab_PCISubsysSetArrow' means that the picture is showing the features of the page when you select the PCI Subsystem Settings arrow under the Advanced Tab. Hope I didn't make this too confusing. Also, again due to my incompetence of not knowing how to edit pictures correctly, I just put all 41 pictures in a zip file because there are 6 pictures that were a lot bigger than the 1920x1080 resolution limit. Seriously I tried, and just about spent 3 hours reading on GIMP's online manual to no avail. Unfortunately this is cutting into my study time. Secondly, I have a terrible bandwidth connection here in the Philippines; it took me approximately 5 minutes to upload a picture file size of 100kb, so I said screw it after repeatedly getting logged off the website because I'm waiting for the upload window to complete its upload. Maybe someone else with a better bandwidth can upload the pictures here for me.

BIOS Pics.zip

I don't know what all the settings/features do. I basically flashed this BIOS in hopes of having the ability to change the voltage for my CPU, but I didn't see one. Maybe there is a feature there in the BIOS that I don't realize that can help lower my CPU voltage or temps. So if anyone see a feature that I should try, just let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to I have the one for Windows 7 for a while:) But I will PM you LOL

EDIT: Oh, you have already done. Just noticed...

Looked at pics of the links you sent me, and it looks different from the one Suoah sent me. Just wondering if you know if the BIOS you sent has the ability to modify CPU voltage?

post-15415-14494996008781_thumb.jpg

The picture shows temps, less then 75C in both CPU and GPU, i solved the problem, my CPU downclocks if i overclock my 680m. i cant overclock :(

I have the same problem mate with you...:(.look at stock clocks:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4800MQ,PowerNotebooks MS-1763 and if I oc my gpu a little I get this physics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4800MQ,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1763

I have been following this thread for a while and am curious as to whether I can expect a successful result on a GX60-1AC; after wading through post after post it still seems like a pretty big risk but I am rather adventurous... Anyone with this same laptop have good results? There are several iterations of the GX60 floating around out there now...

Hey, try using Throttlestop, it solved my downclocking issue

Uncheck BD PROCHOT and set multiplier to turbo and turn on, that should get you rid of downclocking, not so sure about physics score

Hey, try using Throttlestop, it solved my downclocking issue

Uncheck BD PROCHOT and set multiplier to turbo and turn on, that should get you rid of downclocking, not so sure about physics score

thanks Captmario!!but where can I download the throttlestop?if I remember correct there is no version available for haswell cpus.right?

Hi Guys, I have a Medion X6823 which is almost identical to the 3rd Gen Ivy Bridge MS-GT60(15.6''):..

Im Just wondering if somebody could take a look at the attached files to see if it the bios can be unlocked or if it would be safe to flash the bios from 1st Page link ?

Also are the bios chips soldered onto the mainboard or can they be swapped out in case of flash failure ?

Here is a few files that may be of intrest to you -

RWEverything Save - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxfsh01z7hp0lgm/AcpiTbls.rw

DSDT - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoq9hlmcy5clu8e/acpi_dsdt.bin

Bios - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xaw10dz5cflwst/afuwin.rom

Here is my DXDIAG also tha could be usefull -

[/QOUTE]

+1 for this request

here the link of the whitehouse -> MSI Notebook Product Specifications

oh and ftln ty for your orgi bios because mine was ...... gone now im back of case 2 :D

They are soldered, I can flash them without unsoldering though.

Intresting, could you share details of how you do this ? what tools would I need..; I have also been experimenting with flashing a stock bios but I always get the error - unable to get secure connection. This happens in dos using afudos and also in windows using afuwin !! Is my bios locked down ?

thanks Captmario!!but where can I download the throttlestop?if I remember correct there is no version available for haswell cpus.right?

Hey there, Refer to this thread

http://forum.techinferno.com/throttlestop-realtemp-discussion/3148-throttlestop-5-10-beta-2-discussion.html

Its for version 5.10 beta, however there is 3rd post from Unclewebb, his signature has another link to Throttlestop 6.00 beta.. One of them should work, im not sure you can PM him and he will reply

• Thumbs Up 1