MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Please help!

When I started to sew their GX60 I have a black screen at the end of the firmware!

After that I did not run the laptop.

I've done everything according to the instructions from the MSI website.

Is it possible to reset the BIOS?

Sorry for my English I am from Russia.

@stoja I can't tell from that picture. Could you zoom out? If you don't see the cable there then it is on the other side of the motherboard.

@Dlob708 Do you have a MSI branded GX60 or a whitebook? If you have a bad firmware flash you need to RMA the laptop.

Please help!

When I started to sew their GX60 I have a black screen at the end of the firmware!

After that I did not run the laptop.

I've done everything according to the instructions from the MSI website.

Is it possible to reset the BIOS?

Sorry for my English I am from Russia.

the same situation

- - - Updated - - -

@stoja I can't tell from that picture. Could you zoom out? If you don't see the cable there then it is on the other side of the motherboard.

@Dlob708 Do you have a MSI branded GX60 or a whitebook? If you have a bad firmware flash you need to RMA the laptop.

yes of course, post-13515-1449499546623_thumb.png

Hello. I'm looking to flash this unlocked BIOS on my GX60 AC1 mainly to install windws 7 uefi mode and overclock the A10 4600M . At this moment i have windows 7 on MBR working fine.

Before taking the step im kind of wondering.

Is ther a real advantage installing Windows 7 on uefi compared to MBR?

Is OC possible with PSCHECK alone on MBR?

I would really appreciate your advice

Hello. I'm looking to flash this unlocked BIOS on my GX60 AC1 mainly to install windws 7 uefi mode and overclock the A10 4600M . At this moment i have windows 7 on MBR working fine.

Before taking the step im kind of wondering.

Is ther a real advantage installing Windows 7 on uefi compared to MBR?

Is OC possible with PSCHECK alone on MBR?

I would really appreciate your advice

Great questions. I don't know any of the answers. I haven't bothered using Windows 8 for more than a day on my 16F2. Maybe make a new thread in the MSI forum and hopefully someone else can answer.

well i downloaded the BIOS for the gx60 and it did not go as well as i had hoped, used the usb drive with the windows 98files on to boot to dos..that worked ok...types in update.bat, and the BIOS starts to flash, but when it had finished it just shut off and now it does not start. it turns on but there is no screen, fan work's and the cpu is still getting warm but thats it.

how do i recover the BIOS in this thing.

IF you insert a USB flash drive on boot it looks like its trying to read it but it just does the same thing over and over again constant flashing.

( this is with the AMIBOOT.ROM on it by the way.) ( and second CTRL + HOME keys dont seem to do anything.)

A similar problem.What to do now? Laptop really dead?Help guys. How can recover ...

Photo:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/20130601042640.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/20130601042640.jpg/

I Have GX60 1AC

I have a GX60 and I recovered my BIOS by naming the files on CD/USB like the BIOS that was on the Notebook / like the BIOS that failed flashing normally: "E6FKAMS.D06"

Find out the right name for your BIOS, put in the CD / plug in the USB-Drive and wait and hope. Mine restarted after 10-15mins with the new BIOS in some rescue-mode.

I have a GX60 and I recovered my BIOS by naming the files on CD/USB like the BIOS that was on the Notebook / like the BIOS that failed flashing normally: "E6FKAMS.D06"

Find out the right name for your BIOS, put in the CD / plug in the USB-Drive and wait and hope. Mine restarted after 10-15mins with the new BIOS in some rescue-mode.

I did not understand a bit you can write a detailed guide recovery?

Or make a video? I think it will be helpful to all.

Help me please I am quite desperate ... = (

This version of the bios that corresponds to the model GX60-3AE with Richland APU.

Anyway, in our GX60-1AC, the correct version is "E16FKAMS.508" for AHCI by default, and "E16FKAMS.708" for RAID by default.

Nothing works, after reading the usb 5 minutes, let it down and the team remains the same, I opened RMA yesterday, surely touch changes the whole motherboard :(

Great questions. I don't know any of the answers. I haven't bothered using Windows 8 for more than a day on my 16F2. Maybe make a new thread in the MSI forum and hopefully someone else can answer.

Thanks XonarnI followed your advice and started a New thread, waiting now for moderator approval.

This version of the bios that corresponds to the model GX60-3AE with Richland APU.

Anyway, in our GX60-1AC, the correct version is "E16FKAMS.508" for AHCI by default, and "E16FKAMS.708" for RAID by default.

Nothing works, after reading the usb 5 minutes, let it down and the team remains the same, I opened RMA yesterday, surely touch changes the whole motherboard :(

bios does not recover?:grumpy:

I have an expensive brick = (

I'm the same, I asked to exchange it for a new one. Have if I have luck, damn

You should open a RMA Dlob708

- - - Updated - - -

To the people that bricked your systems, do you have a Richland APU or Trinity?

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Xonar , i have Trinity

- - - Updated - - -

You should modify the main page indicating that the modified bios for GX60 is only valid for Richland, judging by the guy who says that can recovered bios, and he has Richland.

I restored the BIOS GX60 AC1!!! :57:

You NEED!

1.download RECOVERY BIOS(Its not original bios)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b15mybzas3lnfb/E16FKAMS.508

2.Format flash card to FAT!

3.Place the downloaded file to a USB flash drive.

4.Insert the flash drive in usb 2.0

5.Hold the button Ctrl + Fn + PgUp

6.turn on your laptop and release the buttons and wait...

7.You will be in recovery mod

8.Select a recovery flash bios and wait finish.

During the process, the computer really hot!

It is necessary to cool the processor...

• Thumbs Up 1

Its for Trinity. Please stop spreading misinformation. There could be regional differences that may cause the incompatibility. Ive never even opened up the Richland BIOS.

We had a member flash the modified BIOS the first week that it came out. It was Meaker. You can find his results in this thread.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

I restored the BIOS GX60 AC1!!! :57:

You NEED!

1.download RECOVERY BIOS(Its not original bios)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b15mybzas3lnfb/E16FKAMS.508

2.Format flash card to FAT!

3.Place the downloaded file to a USB flash drive.

4.Insert the flash drive in usb 2.0

5.Hold the button Ctrl + Fn + PgUp

6.turn on your laptop and release the buttons and wait...

7.You will be in recovery mod

8.Select a recovery flash bios and wait finish.

During the process, the computer really hot!

It is necessary to cool the processor...

i dont have luck ! :( Please , how do yo format to fat ?

PLEASE , can you take photo marking " Ctrl + Fn + PgUp " ?

1Turn off notebbok

2.Plug in flash drive to usb 2.0

3.plug in AC

4 HOLD BUTTON "Ctrl + Fn + PgUp"

post-12328-14494995467348_thumb.jpg

5.press "power button" and release the "Ctrl + Fn + PgUp"

6.Wait recovery mode

What program is used for format usb ?

In standart format WINDOWS.

I use W8.

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 1

1Turn off notebbok

2.Plug in flash drive to usb 2.0

3.plug in AC

4 HOLD BUTTON "Ctrl + Fn + PgUp"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7751[/ATTACH]

5.press "power button" and release the "Ctrl + Fn + PgUp"

6.Wait recovery mode

In standart format WINDOWS.

I use W8.

Good luck!

Dlob708 , thanks for all your answers and help.

Fuck fuck fuck , i dont have luck.

It had to break some internal component

Tomorrow i send to MSI for repair , and wait minimum 3 weeks :(.

Again, I really appreciate your help and the photo

I think he has another problem

becouse I have the same problem when I installed bios from this site - after black screen

And now I dont know how to fix my laptop

How could you flash the BIOS with only 2 posts? Care to elaborate?

I think he has another problem

becouse I have the same problem when I installed bios from this site - after black screen

And now I dont know how to fix my laptop

have you tried this?

QAAADlJREFUCNdjEBRgAAFGQSYGBpZKEGIAssIMQQjEMtgJQiCWwl4QArEYHoARiLUKjJgYYAAbiwFuBwBjOAkhfxMqggAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Iniciado por Dlob708 PwMpgImBRMDS2NiITXwaEGcCcRYQTwcJ1NfXQzTgMCgXiKWBeDIQPwXiTYSc9BeII4H4DBAvB2JzuJOAmBhfg5xlBLOBEQcWAOLLQPwRiOORbcAGmIF4JRBrAXEAVCNeDZOA2B2Is4F4C7IEI6kRBxBgADojGLsZmhQgAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

He restaurado la BIOS GX60 AC1! usted necesita! 1.Descargue recuperación del BIOS (el BIOS no originales)57.gif.pagespeed.ce.pcKUN5D1NE.gif

Código HTML:

E16FKAMS.508

2.Format tarjeta flash para FAT!

3.Coloque el archivo descargado en una unidad flash USB.

4.Inserte la unidad flash usb de 2.0

5.Hold el botón Ctrl + Fn + Re Pág

6. encender su computadora portátil y suelte los botones y espera ...

7.You estará en recuperación mod

8.Seleccione un flash bios recuperación y espere acabado.

Durante el proceso, el equipo realmente caliente!

Es necesario enfriar el procesador ...

?Guys, I need someone who also has a msi gt70 one, because i think the frame drops and lag i am experiencing is not normal, and while i am asking now, is it possible to disable optimus ( i.e the hd4000) and always force the gtx 680m on? I want this because starcraft 2 is detecting that i only can run low settings. Yes i have it hooked up to grid and also set to high performance. Now is my question: is it possible to flash an unlocked bios to disable the hd4000. I searched via google, but the answers i find are a bit conflicting. I was hoping if someone could care to elobarate whether he or she also has experienced the weird performance issues in starcraft 2. Thnx :D