MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Read carefully the first post, paragraph 5.

Just after the flashing immediately go into a BIOS setup menu and switch from the RAID to AHCI.

Thanks... Better safe than sorry ;)

Anyone that has tried the bios firmware and some faster memory on a i5?

Hi everybody,

I have a GT70-0NC and used to practice overclocking with my desktop computer.

Unlike most of people, I would like to mode my bios for 3 things :

- Undervolting my CPU

- Changing the minimum multiplicator (it's currently 12 .. Too much for typing on word when I'm in class !)

- Undervolting / underclocking the Intel Graphic HD4000

Is it possible with these unlocked bios ?? I really need a better autonomy for using my computer at the college

I know I could do that with XTU, but everything is locked ... I can't change anything, I don't even have a Graphic Chipset tab ....

Thank you :)

You said you were looking for testers for 3rd gen core i users, so i would like to volunteer. I have a msi gt60 with an i7 3630.

Also your bios for the gt60 is based on .30M which is known to cause BSOD for gtx675mx users such as myself.

here is a link to a discussion i found concerning the bios fix that MSI admitted:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=165501.0

The new bioses i have linked below work for me and my graphics card:

page: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT60-0...os=non-win%208

bios: MSI Global ? Download Center

Hi everybody,

I have a GT70-0NC and used to practice overclocking with my desktop computer.

Unlike most of people, I would like to mode my bios for 3 things :

- Undervolting my CPU

- Changing the minimum multiplicator (it's currently 8 .. Too much for typing on word when I'm in class !)

- Undervolting / underclocking the Intel Graphic HD4000

Is it possible with these unlocked bios ?? I really need a better autonomy for using my computer at the college

I know I could do that with XTU, but everything is locked ... I can't change anything, I don't even have a Graphic Chipset tab ....

Thank you :)

You want too much.

1. Impoossible.

2. Try throttlestop.

3. Useless.

I had these ideas because a lot of my friends have Macbook Pro, and I saw MBP have lower battery capacity and 6 or 7 hours of autonomy with almost the same configuration as mine (i7 3610, GTX 650, etc ...). So, the only difference I saw between a MBP and my MSI for explaining this huge difference of autonomy is a bad power management of CPU and IGP (because with optimus, the GPU is disabled)

So, there is no way to optimize the consumption ?

please i need a help, not post, no image and blind flash dont function...... what happens? I tried all the tips on 69 pages of thread and i dont know what happen

I doubt you get help here. Even if you write in detailed way what happened, when, how in pure English language.

I have a mistake:

18 - Error: Unable to start a Secure Flash session.

What is wrong? (secure boot - off, UEFI mode)

Original 50X bios image flash successfully, unlocked bios image - no =(

So it means you can't flash. It is stupid uefi feature. I know that svl7 knows how to flash parts of bios.

All the history.

I buyed a new hd7970m for msi. In first star, i change the bios to legacy rom and its enbled. well, but the image its green..........im going to flash dell vbios and great! Alll ok but in a stupid moment, i clear cmos and boila! Screen its black. I tried blind flash for put new bios but all its the same All the usb ports, cant turn on...... the usb, floppy dirve (usb) etc dont powers on..............i think my only way its a burned cd with rom but, why? I tried with ultraiso booteable image with boot.img and amibios.rom (only). Start on, cd rotate max power and go slolwy.......at 20 min, nothing happns........im desesparated........

Sorry for my english but its without translate, please be merciful

• Bios Modder
I have a mistake:

18 - Error: Unable to start a Secure Flash session.

What is wrong? (secure boot - off, UEFI mode)

Original 50X bios image flash successfully, unlocked bios image - no =(

Try to use the nice program prr2.exe for remove protection.

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2403-flash-modified-bios-uefi-digitally-signed-circumvent-secure-flash.html

Also if you will need more help, you can ask me in Russian lang in PM.

Hi, I´m owner of a Gt683DXr and I´m going to flash it. One question, The bios on first page for my laptop is with or without Raid? I need Raid

Thanks for all

It's with raid.

Many thanks for your MS-16F1 Unlock Bios!

It works fine, but I got some small Problems with it.

For Information: By flashing the Bios my Notebook suddenly shuts down without ctrl-alt-del at final.

By pressing Powerbutton It only shows a Blackscreen with a small white column.

First I´m afraid that I killed my MB, but then I take out the CMOS battery, and then it starts. ;)

The small problems i still got:

- If I use my Express Card 54 USB 3.0 card and i start the NB, the screen with F3 for... F11 for... del for... freezes.

So I need to take out the card oft the Express Slot, reboot and then the start is possible. Is there any solution for it?

- I built in a GTX485M out of a clevo NB.

The card only works fine with a Modded driver. Is there any lock for this vga in Bios?

I know, MSI never built in GTX485M vga´s and it wont work in the original MSI Bios too.

But do you got any solution to install regular drivers with this Bios? Or do you know any Mod VBios for it?

- The simple CPU OC settings are set regular to 5%.

Your unlock Bios supports settings up to +24%. I think, that is too much and Settings over 7% are not really possible.

Why no settings like 5,25%, 5,5%, 6,5% ...?

I got a GT663R Notebook

Hope you understand my bad english. ;)

But all in all you did a very good work! Thank you very much!!!

Hi, I have MS-1762 (i7-3630qm & 675mx, OS: Win8.1) with Bios version "E1762IF8.70U" and EC version "1762EG61 ver 5.02". My question is flashing the unlocked version of 3.0G will be a downgrade or is the same version with unlocked settings?

This is awesome. Only last week I started having problems with my GT780dxr, where the graphics module (570m) overheated and died.

Being in africa where spares are hard to come by, I eventually found a 675m, which I first had to flash with MSI's vbios in order to get the laptop to recognise the video card as an nvidia card - this also then enabled the power saving features, etc.

Now I need better fan control, as I don't want the new graphics module to overheat and then I sit in the same situation.

This post looks like exactly what I am looking for... thanks very much for doing the hard work - makes it easy for us to do the necessary to our laptops.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting the right set of files to flash my GX740. I download the ms_gx740.zip file given by the OP, however the contents of the zip only show ms_gx740.rom to be present inside the zip. There is no AFUDOS.exe and update.bat inside the zip unlike the other laptop BIOS files that I checked. Am I doing something wrong or are some files missing inside the zip that has been uploaded?

Thanks

Edit:

I looked into the AFUDOS.exe and update.bat from other laptop BIOS files and noticed that the CRC for the AFUDOS.exe is the same for all the different laptops. The update.bat file runs the AFUDOS.exe with the particular BIOS ROM file, i.e. AFUDOS ms_gx740.rom /p /b /n with AFUDOS from a different BIOS folder should give me the right flash? Can someone tell me if this will work or provide the right set of files in the zip to flash? I am hesitant to go ahead and flash with these files for the fear of bricking my laptop..

• Bios Modder

Atomizer

"The update.bat file runs the AFUDOS.exe with the particular BIOS ROM file, i.e. AFUDOS ms_gx740.rom /p /b /n with AFUDOS from a different BIOS folder should give me the right flash?"

Yes, that right.