MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Please guys help me! I decided to update the bios for my msi gt60 2OD gamer notebook. Downloaded the official AHCI bios file from msi global notebook site. I did download the file w8_E16F4IMS.50E.zip AHCI Bios then flashed the bios file using the flash utility afuwinx64.exe provided in the folder. I typed at the DOS command window inside windows 8 x64 the command afuwinx64.exe E16F4IMS50E after that the fans of notebook made noise and at the DOS window showed OK DONE for all steps of flashing. Then i shut down windows 8. Power the notebook hit del enter the New flashed bios hit f9 for optimal settings then save changes and restart. After the restart I got permanent black screen, nothing is shown on screen and i can not acess the bios. Now can i repair the bios? Guide me on How to peform this blind flash to save my MSI GT60 2OD gamer notebook

Xonar Help me blind flash my MSI GT60 2OD.I had a bad bios flash now screen is permanent black. What are the keys I should hold at the black screen and how should I rename the bios file? My bios files at msi global site are different the format is E16F4IMS.50E not .rom file and there is olny the flash.bat and afudos.exe in the bios folder. Here is the link for the bios download MSI Global GT60 2OD

Please help me. I am at Brazil there is no Rma service to fix the bios here now.

Xonar Help me blind flash my MSI GT60 2OD.I had a bad bios flash now screen is permanent black. What are the keys I should hold at the black screen and how should I rename the bios file? My bios files at msi global site are different the format is E16F4IMS.50E not .rom file and there is olny the flash.bat and afudos.exe in the bios folder. Here is the link for the bios download MSI Global GT60 2OD

Please help me. I am at Brazil there is no Rma service to fix the bios here now.

Hi guys.

I'm using MSI GX740 with core i5 m460 and 4GB RAM. I bought 8GB (2x4GB PC3-10600S from samsung) and it didn't work. I mean win7 starts normally but not work stable - blue screen and restart. New memory is ok - i've tested it on MSI GE70. Bios udated to 1.0F from msi site. Any ideas why it isn't work properlY? Maybe i need to use unlocked bios?

Hi guys.

I'm using MSI GX740 with core i5 m460 and 4GB RAM. I bought 8GB (2x4GB PC3-10600S from samsung) and it didn't work. I mean win7 starts normally but not work stable - blue screen and restart. New memory is ok - i've tested it on MSI GE70. Bios udated to 1.0F from msi site. Any ideas why it isn't work properlY? Maybe i need to use unlocked bios?

In unlocked bios you may set custom timings and frequency. Use CPU-z tool and check memory tab. What freq and timings are there?

Maybe a stupid question, but better to ask before I do something even more stupid...

I see that a unlocked MSI GT780DX 30H bios available and my question is: Can I use the 30H bios even without raid? I now it says unlocked, but just to be sure! :)

• Bios Modder
Maybe a stupid question, but better to ask before I do something even more stupid...

I see that a unlocked MSI GT780DX 30H bios available and my question is: Can I use the 30H bios even without raid? I now it says unlocked, but just to be sure! :)

Read carefully the first post, paragraph 5.

Just after the flashing immediately go into a BIOS setup menu and switch from the RAID to AHCI.

• Thumbs Up 1