MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

nothing seems to be working...so i have decided to order new chip for my motherboard....plus i have looked through all forums there and there is no help regarding it....maybe msi is removing those posts...best

Hello,

If this is not too late to try, then i wish to help you with your troubles...

So, to recover your msi gx740 (ms-1727) "back to life" (i assume you flashed correctly bootblock) you will try to:

1, download atm latest BIOS archive for your machine from MSI Global ? Download Center

2, extract that 1727_10f.zip file onto any folder you want and rename original bios file in that folder named E1727IMS.10F > E1727IMS.ROM

3, prepare one CD / DVD (even ReWritable one) and burn to ROOT of that CD / DVD only one file - your renamed BIOS file > E1727IMS.ROM

4, put this CD / DVD into your MSI 740 and before you press POWER ON button, hold Ctrl and Home or Ctrl and Fn and Home pressed till you will see blinking DVD access LED blinking

5, wait some time to recover your BIOS (you will be able see progress about flashin BIOS at your LCD screen) and welcome back your MSI...

(Note: you may put that renamed file E1727IMS.ROM to USB stick too but some MSI machines only accept CD / DVD as recovery target medium)

Good Luck

Hello,

If this is not too late to try, then i wish to help you with your troubles...

So, to recover your msi gx740 (ms-1727) "back to life" (i assume you flashed correctly bootblock) you will try to:

1, download atm latest BIOS archive for your machine from MSI Global ? Download Center

2, extract that 1727_10f.zip file onto any folder you want and rename original bios file in that folder named E1727IMS.10F > E1727IMS.ROM

3, prepare one CD / DVD (even ReWritable one) and burn to ROOT of that CD / DVD only one file - your renamed BIOS file > E1727IMS.ROM

4, put this CD / DVD into your MSI 740 and before you press POWER ON button, hold Ctrl and Home or Ctrl and Fn and Home pressed till you will see blinking DVD access LED blinking

5, wait some time to recover your BIOS (you will be able see progress about flashin BIOS at your LCD screen) and welcome back your MSI...

(Note: you may put that renamed file E1727IMS.ROM to USB stick too but some MSI machines only accept CD / DVD as recovery target medium)

Good Luck

Hi dbg

I have tried this and it seems to be copying the file from dvd, however after a while it stops and nothing happens, my laptop seems to be in sleep mode(blue light on when i turn it) all the time, no idea what to do, thanks for your help best

Hi dbg

I have tried this and it seems to be copying the file from dvd, however after a while it stops and nothing happens, my laptop seems to be in sleep mode(blue light on when i turn it) all the time, no idea what to do, thanks for your help best

Hi again,

just try to reset the EC (Embedded controller) - it seems to hold corrupted data and prevent load BIOS after power-up, make sure to:

- remove main battery

- remove / disconnect internal CMOS backup battery

- unplug AC adapter, then press and hold for a while (cca one minute) POWER button

- after that plug AC adapter only and try again to recover your BIOS as was described before

- at 1st power-up go into BIOS via Del button and select Load BIOS Defaults, then Exit and Save Settings

GL

Hi dbg

I have done what you have told me to do, however the effect is still the same, flashing for a moment than it stops....i have even tried to do it without CMOs Battery, no idea what else i could go, i have ordered new bios chip, just in case nothing else can be done...best and thanks for your efforts to help me...

Hi all, I have the bsod! :D I can't do anything, and the recovery idea won't work, ctrl + home won't work, and all the other ideas for doing it, i can't put my bios to default one since i tried to flash the one here, i have a gx60, I tried to put files on usb, and dvd, nothing works... :( If someone have an idea i'm ready for it! :)

EDIT: It's ok i found a solution and put back the good bios, this one won't work with my computer! :) (I have the gx60, but i need the 508 bios, and the 305 won't work! :s ) Have a good week all! :D

Hello,

First,excuse me for my poor English (I'm French !).

I just buy a notebook MSI GT70 0ND-679FR under Windows 8 and I see you are seaching for tests of new unlock bios.

If I can help you and benefits of new features in these new bios, I'm ready.

Actually, I use the bios E1762IMS.70U with Sata to RAID by default because I add a 2nd mSata SSD.

My EC firmware is 1762EMS1504 (for backlight Keyboard).

If you want, I wait for your instructions.

Thanks.

why i doesn't get an answer???

IF I DON'T RESPOND TO A PM OR REPLY IN A THREAD, IT DOESN'T MEAN I'M IGNORING YOU; IT MEANS I'M CURRENTLY BUSY AND WILL RESPOND WHEN I'M NOT.

What you don't understand?

I am not responsible for any damage you can make flashing this mod. All unhide settings are in the Main menu at the bottom. Chosen settings are sorted out in Advanced Menu and other.

DepositFiles

Powerdrain and set settings to default before flashing BIOS. After flashing press ctrl+alt+delete and wait when it boots. It will turn off, then turn on for a second, then turn off again (no worries) and then it should turn on again. If not then start worry, so you better have 1 additional FAT flash drive with AMIBOOT.ROM file on it or second laptop just in case.

Before flashing post here that you will so nobody would think that you bricked laptop while you just haven't even started by that time.

Repeat, no responsibility from me.

Do NOT post it elsewhere.

Heyho, I'm new here :)

I want to buy an MSI GX60 and read about your BIOS. Did anyone manage to use 1866 or 2133 ram with this notebook? Because on battery the 7660g-performance would rise dramatically with better memory and of course the whole system would be a bit faster..

In the first post you said something about the memory-support but does this work for the GX60?

I thould about Kingston HyperX (grey ones) 2x4GB DDR3-2133 kit, 1.5V, cl10 or cl11 as far as I remember..

Hi there, people from TechInferno !

I've been brought here in my researches to find an "unlocked" bios for the GX60 laptop, allowing RAM timing configuration. I'm experiencing a small problem with my Corsair Vengeance 2x8 go kit : according to manufacturer, SPD profile is 10-10-10-27 @ 800 mhz, but automatically set @ 10-10-11-27 on my laptop.

I've read numerous threads all over the Internet (on NotebookCheck for instance) indicating that the A10-4600's performance is greatly enhanced by lower ram timings.

I'm searching for any extra juice to boost this CPU, which is sometimes hanging in CPU-demanding games.

Due to my "newbie" profile on TechInferno, I can't check BIOS screenshots of the first page... Neither downloading the BIOS file :s

Anyway, maybe somebody can tell me if it's possible with this modified BIOS to do such things ?

I'm also wondering if this BIOS update can make possible the installation of the newly released AMD's A10-5750 :)

Many thanks to you all.

I'm also wondering if this BIOS update can make possible the installation of the newly released AMD's A10-5750 :)
Did you also see that chinese thread, where one guy replaced the 4600 with a 5750 on a GX60?

As far as Google-Translator helped me to understand, he wrote something about a BIOS-Update. I was also wondering, whether a modification is needed or a simple Update from MSI-website is enough.

Did you also see that chinese thread, where one guy replaced the 4600 with a 5750 on a GX60?

As far as Google-Translator helped me to understand, he wrote something about a BIOS-Update. I was also wondering, whether a modification is needed or a simple Update from MSI-website is enough.

Absolutely ! I didn't find any notice of a newer BIOS on the MSI's website, so I was thinking about a "custom" flash to make it compatible...

Hi techinferno.com. Have a laptop GT70. Bought memory Corsair Vengeance 1866. After installing the two pieces of memory windows loaded but not running stable. After installing the four pieces of memory windows dont loaded. Will this unlock will help solve the problem?

p.s. sorry for badly english

hi everybody

i would like to take part with my whitebook.

its a msi ms-16f3, 15.6", current version (and latest)bios E16F3IG6.30C

and, one question: why can i not flash the bios with a retail GT60 ONC bios file?

thanks , hope to hear soon

i am new here, i wanted to registrar because you have an unlocked bios for the GX60 laptop.. i want to use this bios on my lappy...is there anything i need to be awere of so i don't brick my system.?

and 2nd how do you download the bios when it will not allow me to?