MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hey, Xonar, sorry its been a while...

Heres my bios:

afuwin.rom

Its from a msi whitebook laptop with an i7 3720qm cpu and GeForce GTX 675m GPU...

I think its a MS-1762, but im not sure because the MSI Whitebook site only lists it with a GTX 670m (and not with GTX 675m, like i have?)

If you could unlock it, that would be so awesome!

Hi Xonar,

I just see you moved your files from notebookreview over here. I been trying to get an unlocked BIOS from you for my GT780DX. No succes so far, maybe now. :)

I read your post about the GTX 680M, any chances to get it work in my 780 in the near future.

4 more posts. :)

Hi ezsolt,

Welcome to T|I! You can try my unlocked BIOS once you reach 5 quality posts on this forum. Please let me know if there are any issues / feedback.

Also, Clevo 680M doesn't work in a 16F2, doubt it will work with any of the 2nd-gen i7 G-series notebooks. @pau1ow will be testing a Dell 680M to see if it works.

Thanks!

I have a 16F3 whitebook with GT60 unlocked bios .30m, everything works fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried the DELL 7970m on my 16F3, it doesn't work. I wonder if the IGPU can be disabled like 16F2.

Glad everything works out fine. Would you mind posting some screenshots of the main menus (you don't have to dig deep, just like the screenshots I have on the 2nd post). I just want to make sure everything is unlocked.

Sorry about the 7970M not working in the 16F3. It looks like the GPU mux that MSI is using resembles that of Clevo's (which has a terrible reputation). The 16F2 doesn't use the iGPU at all, Optimus/Enduro are not supported so upgrades should be easier for the end-users with these notebooks.

Hey, Xonar, sorry its been a while...

Heres my bios:

afuwin.rom

Its from a msi whitebook laptop with an i7 3720qm cpu and GeForce GTX 675m GPU...

I think its a MS-1762, but im not sure because the MSI Whitebook site only lists it with a GTX 670m (and not with GTX 675m, like i have?)

If you could unlock it, that would be so awesome!

Hi Chritter,

The BIOS structure looks very similar to the GT70. The 3rd gen-i7 notebooks seem to have good success when flashing either series (whitebook / retail, vice-versa). You can try flashing the GT70 unlocked BIOS and see if that works. If you have trouble, you can always pull the CMOS and/or flash the backup you just uploaded for me.

If you have trouble with the GT70 BIOS, I will unlock the one you just posted. I'd like you to try the GT70 BIOS first because we have confirmation of it working with the whitebook model.

Thanks

Thanks Oxnar. I'll download the file after my fifth post. I've been following forums for MSI computers since I bought mine last year. I would like to say that finally its nice to see and hear a grup of independent individuals who like what they do, and is good at what they do. This is a great site and people like me who really want to catch up with the computer tech curve really appreciate it. Thanks guy's your rockin it!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I dont like to come over as being difficult or something, but id rather keep it as safe and secure as possible and i'd prefer to have it with the Bios that was meant for this laptop.

I certainly also understand you have other/better things to do than this, so maybe you know some good site that has usefull info that could teach me how to do this?

I dont like to come over as being difficult or something, but id rather keep it as safe and secure as possible and i'd prefer to have it with the Bios that was meant for this laptop.

I certainly also understand you have other/better things to do than this, so maybe you know some good site that has usefull info that could teach me how to do this?

Ok, I will look when I have time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Which BIOS function exactly allows for increasing the BCLK (GX740 - 1st gen. i7)?

I don't think there is one for 1st-gen i7. Just uping the Turbo button / multipliers. BCLK is for 2nd and 3rd gen.

I just read at notebookreview, there is no way to get working a GTX 580M in my GT780DX. --->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<--- - Page 764

Is this true. Your unlocked bios able to solve this problem or not. (Is this a real problem.)

I find a clevo GTX 580M for 290USD.

We need this BIOS: Gaming Laptop MSI GT780DX With Quad-core Processor 4 GHz! | Around Gadget

Is it possible to get this BIOS somehow.

I just read at notebookreview, there is no way to get working a GTX 580M in my GT780DX. --->The Official MSI GT780/GT783 Owner's Lounge<--- - Page 764

Is this true. Your unlocked bios able to solve this problem or not. (Is this a real problem.)

I find a clevo GTX 580M for 290USD.

We need this BIOS: Gaming Laptop MSI GT780DX With Quad-core Processor 4 GHz! | Around Gadget

Is it possible to get this BIOS somehow.

I have been unable to find this magical BIOS anywhere.

Will this work for my RK Computer MS-17612? Thanks.

Uh, which one is it? 1761 or 1762.... read the original post more carefully.

Hey, Xonar... any news on this?

Yes, original post updated. Sorry to keep you waiting, was busy with work for the past 4 days.

By the way -- was there a BIOS password on the file you uploaded?

Let me know how it goes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, original post updated. Sorry to keep you waiting, was busy with work for the past 4 days.

By the way -- was there a BIOS password on the file you uploaded?

Let me know how it goes!

Hey man, no problem. I didnt want to be pushy, was just curious if there were any updates...

Thank, i downloaded it and will try it as soon as possible (probably tomorow)

Ill keep you updated on how it goes!

MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip

MS-1761(17''): 3.06 MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip

The above two BIOS should be the same right?

Also, I have GT780DX. After I flash the ".30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip", I still cannot change turbo core ratio. I change TDP limit as well as different core ratio under BIOS save and restart. It will boot into windows without problem, but I see no change for any turbo ratio.

PS: I have i7-2920XM, so it should be able to let me increase the clock ratio.

Anyone have some thought or advise?

I have also tried ThrottleStop with the same core ration setting, no success as well, and I found out that ThrottleStop won't allow me to change the Power limit in its option.

Thread updated with:

GT60 / GT70 -- based on .30M 0NE BIOS w/ 680M GTX support

GX740 -- based on 1.0F by request

Feedback is appreciated guys. I don't have these notebooks to test with so I can't guarantee they will work or have everything unlocked. So please let me know if there are any concerns!

Hi

I have a GT70-OND w/680m and have flashed the BIOS to that above version.

Its working well, heaps of settings, but is it fully unlocked? I do not seem to have RAM overclocking or XMP profiles etc.

I unlocked the BIOS on my old GT780DX and found it had these RAM overclocking settings.

Does this mean that you cannot adjust memory speeds and timings on GT70 (ivy bridge)??:(

Also does anyone know what all these settings do?

Would be nice to have a guide...

- - - Updated - - -

I recently bought a MSI GT780DX so I would flash "MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip" correct?

That is correct. Just remember that this BIOS defaults to RAID so you will wanna change that on first reboot if you don't have a RAID array present. Your machine will BSOD otherwise.

If you follow xonar's instructions you will be fine.

Ok i just flashed it. No problems so far!

Many thanks!!!

No problem. :)

MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip

MS-1761(17''): 3.06 MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip

The above two BIOS should be the same right?

Also, I have GT780DX. After I flash the ".30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip", I still cannot change turbo core ratio. I change TDP limit as well as different core ratio under BIOS save and restart. It will boot into windows without problem, but I see no change for any turbo ratio.

PS: I have i7-2920XM, so it should be able to let me increase the clock ratio.

Anyone have some thought or advise?

I have also tried ThrottleStop with the same core ration setting, no success as well, and I found out that ThrottleStop won't allow me to change the Power limit in its option.

They are no necessarily the same. Some people have reported problems when flashing the retail BIOS onto a barebone. I.E.: the left USB 2.0 port no longer works, etc.

The turbo core ratio is a 2nd-gen Sandy Bridge problem. Intel introduced a bitlocker to prevent multiplier changes. You'd have to ask Unclewebb about that and see if he'd be able to do something about it. Look at me, I've got a 2920XM and I share your pain.

Power limits are through BIOS, TS can't change them. Again, a 2nd-gen Core-i problem.

I recently bought a MSI GT780DX so I would flash "MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip" correct?

Yessir.

Hi

I have a GT70-OND w/680m and have flashed the BIOS to that above version.

Its working well, heaps of settings, but is it fully unlocked? I do not seem to have RAM overclocking or XMP profiles etc.

I unlocked the BIOS on my old GT780DX and found it had these RAM overclocking settings.

Does this mean that you cannot adjust memory speeds and timings on GT70 (ivy bridge)??:(

Also does anyone know what all these settings do?

Would be nice to have a guide...

- - - Updated - - -

That is correct. Just remember that this BIOS defaults to RAID so you will wanna change that on first reboot if you don't have a RAID array present. Your machine will BSOD otherwise.

If you follow xonar's instructions you will be fine.

Hi, yes. It should be under 'Chipset' tab, but I'm having trouble unlocking the chapter. I've done what I normally do, but it won't show for some reason. You are the 2nd person to report this.

I can try another way, maybe hexeditor might help or re-routing the location in the BIOS file to another chapter (creating a new one). There is a chapter that has all the generic options available, but completely hidden.

Problem is, I don't have a 3rd-gen MSI to test it on, so I can't push any updates quickly and I rely on your guys' feedback greatly!

I will look into this problem now that I've gotten solid confirmation. I'm moving this Wednesday so I'll be busy packing up and settings things up this week, so don't expect anything soon. :(

• Thumbs Up 3

No problem. :)

Yessir.

Ok cool just wanted to be sure before just flashing bios I really do not want to brick my laptop,even tho I know I am taking that risk anyways, I rather just ask to make sure about that being the correct file, now I just need to work on making some more post