MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, NadieLoSabe said:

Hello.
Can you help me?
I have a MSI GE60 2PC Apache (MS-16GF) and wanted to unlock the bios.
E16GFIMS.62D
16GFEMS1 ver. 5.0c
Thank Yoy

Hi!

You want to unlock hidden advanced menus and settings in bios setup menu?

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, NadieLoSabe said:

Correct.
I want to unlock the advanced options of the Bios

Correct.

I want to unlock the advanced options of the Bios

Ok. Check PM.

Hello,

I installed Xonar´s MSI GT 780 BIOS on my MS1761 1.1 Board (Medion erazer x7815).
Any BCLK and any memory changes lead to not posting into BIOS (for BCLK) or ACPI bluescreen in Windows (for Memory). Doesn´t matter how small the changes. Setting back Memory to default doesnt fix the ACPI bluescreen and i have to reset BIOS.
Any way to fix this?

I flashed a tweaked BIOS on my Quadro m4000m. Works overall but i can´t get the max powerconsumption over 100Watts. I tried some changes but it will just lower the max powerconsumtion.
Any way to get max powerconsumption higher?

Can´t add BIOS from the m4000m:

/var/www/html/IPS/uploads/monthly_2021_04 could not be created.
Please contact us for assistance.
  • OK

External Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/re5jybry8h8t6dz/m4000m.rar?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Hello . 

I was buy Monster Tulpar t5 v1.4.1 notebook from Monster Notebook INC many years ago .
I had many problems in these years .
I solved many problems in these years until last week .
I had İntel Wireless AC 7260 on my notebook , so many times my own Wireless card has been disconnected .
I decided to upgrade bios but Monster Notebook INC doesn't have any new bios on his support page .
I found new BIOS from MSI then I decided to update firmware with them .

MSI GT60 2QD = Monster Tulpar t5 v1.4.1

You can check for Monster Tulpar t5 v1.4.1 , from : https://www.monsternotebook.com.tr/tulpar/monster-tulpar-t5-v1-4-1-15-6/
You can check for MSI GT60 2QD , from : https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GT60-2QD-Dominator/Specification

Every configuration is same .

I updated my own bios with MSI GT60 2QD then everything become a super .
%100 compatible bios rom , Better then Monster bios ..

My BIOS :
AMI APTIO V4 BIOS

Now I wanna unlock my BIOS but ı couldn't . 

When I edit my own bios with AMIBCP then when ı save I'm taking this warning .

Unsigned error .

Wrong image file .

I couldn't solve this problem , ı couldn't signing my own bios rom file .

How can I solve this problem , please help me .

Thanks .

Regards .

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys! I'm on tuned GX740 (16Gb RAM and i7-840QM) with latest official BIOS. I see that under high load my CPU does not perform turbo boost. This is while watching 8k video from youtube:

[kostas@webtech-msi ~]$ hwinfo --cpu --short
cpu:                                                            
                       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       Q 840  @ 1.87GHz, 1985 MHz
                       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       Q 840  @ 1.87GHz, 1990 MHz
                       Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       Q 840  @ 1.87GHz, 1989 MHz

it is limited by 2GHz, but as i see on intel ref page in TM it should preform 3.5GHz as well. At my BIOS settings I have turbo mode and high performance on.

Well, my question is: does unlocked BIOS will solve my problem. Or this performance is related to CPU power restrictions, chipset limits or whatever.

thanks in advance!

Edited by extripator

Hi Extripator, i say you that you nothing to lose if you changed bios.  I have same laptop and i put unlock bios because i change a video card and more other things.  I think that maybe you problem is coming from linux. My advise is change and try other option which give unlocked bios.  I haved one question to you. You write that have 16 GB of RAM but the specifications of chipset HM55 say that 8GB it is max.  So that it true and if yes which RAM you use, because i want to upgrade but never try to change my 2x4GB dd3 1333Mhz  with 8GB ddr3 1600Mhz. I believed to intel that it is no possible.

• 3 weeks later...

@raisig, thanx for answer and sorry for long delay with reply. Yep, my GX740 has 16Gb onboard and they all work well. I have bought mem from macbook pro, it fits and works perfect. I can not attach photos here (some dubious server error).  Well, memory is PATRIOT PSD38G16002S PS000992 (2x8Gb). So, I just checked the mem in my GX740 before i bought it. All 16GBs are shown in BIOS and for me it's great upgrade.

Edited by extripator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi extripator, ok what did  you say about this RAM "Patriot Mac Series 16GB Apple SODIMM Kit (2X8GB) DDR3 1333 PC3 10600 204-Pin SO-DIMM PSA316G1333SK"  which i found in amazon. It will work on our laptop?   :01:

It will work on our laptop?

Oh, nice question. I think it should: it's 1333Mhz and 10.6 GB/sec (a liitle less than PSD38G16002S), so IMHO it's more compatible. But, what CPU you use? I saw somewhere the statement that quad CPUs can manage 8+ GBs, but dual cores can not.

From my side: i can check if Intel i5-460M can work with 16GB - this is simple downgrade, i have my original CPU. Also i see PSA316G1333SK mem available as used at some RU adv boards, so i can try to test it. Give me this weekend to figure out how it works.

Hello,

I need help please. I have MSI GT70 0NE and the graphic card is died (nvidia GTX)... I removed the graphics card then restarted the PC and, miracle, it works, with the integrated graphics card. However, the fan is locked at 100% ... very noisy ... I don't feel like throwing the PC away for it while it is working except for this very noisy fan, I would like to be able to use it as an office computer.

After many hours of research and tests, I tried a lot of things. Speed fan, Silentoption, bios reset, etc. I finally found information that we could fix this 100% lock fan problem by install an unlocked bios. This would give access to options that would allow to select the integrated graphics card, allowing the motherboard to no longer consider the nvidia GTX graphics card but only the integrated graphics card.

I want to unlock bios to swap to the integrated GPU for this computer.

Sorry for my bad english language... :-/

Thank you in advance

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Reality77 said:

Hello,

I need help please. I have MSI GT70 0NE and the graphic card is died (nvidia GTX)... I removed the graphics card then restarted the PC and, miracle, it works, with the integrated graphics card. However, the fan is locked at 100% ... very noisy ... I don't feel like throwing the PC away for it while it is working except for this very noisy fan, I would like to be able to use it as an office computer.

After many hours of research and tests, I tried a lot of things. Speed fan, Silentoption, bios reset, etc. I finally found information that we could fix this 100% lock fan problem by install an unlocked bios. This would give access to options that would allow to select the integrated graphics card, allowing the motherboard to no longer consider the nvidia GTX graphics card but only the integrated graphics card.

I want to unlock bios to swap to the integrated GPU for this computer.

Sorry for my bad english language... :-/

Thank you in advance

Hi!

Yes, special unlock in your bios can fix your problem with 100% fan speed. Check PM.

Hi extripator, first i want to say thank you that you give me idea to try doesn't matter what INTEL say in her specification for processor.  So yesterday i try with KINGSTON,  2 rank 8GB and everything was perfect. A computer found a RAM without problem. Exact parameters of memory you can find on this link: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ3mPCXZoH1bXPk9KHjNXlcKCHvo74RNs0bk. Thank you a lot again and "God bless You". :32_002:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
notebook msi gt780dxr-648ru. I installed a 970m video card in it, I want to make the processor undervolt (and control the voltage of the video card through the msi afterburner). Does your unlocked BIOS allow you to control CPU voltages and frequencies?

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, roxdr said:

notebook msi gt780dxr-648ru. I installed a 970m video card in it, I want to make the processor undervolt (and control the voltage of the video card through the msi afterburner). Does your unlocked BIOS allow you to control CPU voltages and frequencies?

Hi!

No, unfortunately you can't undervolt mobile CPU's based on Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge core, even with unlocked bios.

there is no way to reduce the heat dissipation of my 2670qm cpu or 970m graphics card? msi afterburner, for example, does not allow me to control the voltage of the video card. In heavy games, the temperature rises to 95 degrees. Thermal grease and cooling system ok