MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

Hey guys,

i want give to my laptop  a new life.

My laptop is GX660R with i5-460m CPU and HD5870 GPU. I bought i7-840qm for it but after install it shows just black screen. I hope that my laptop just dont have microcodecs for it. Do unlocked 16f1 BIOS from 1st side have all possible microcodecs for my mainboard?

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, you can use 32GB of RAM (4x8GB), but only if you use i7 CPU.  If you use i5 CPU, then you can use max 16GB RAM only. This is for original stock bios, and for any unlocked bios.

Would it be possible for my MSI GV62VR 7RF to get a bios menu unlock, wlan whitelist and Vbios mod ? 
@klem if you can help me with this please

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Shivanshu_1 said:

Would it be possible for my MSI GV62VR 7RF to get a bios menu unlock, wlan whitelist and Vbios mod ? 
@klem if you can help me with this please

Hi!

Please can you describe exactly what the problem? MSI never use any whitelist in they bios.

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Please can you describe exactly what the problem? MSI never use any whitelist in they bios.

Hey :)
 I was going for everything if I'm modding so I included whitelist( i was not sure my bad). My main problem is GPU auto overclocking even when its not needed , so i need to set it straight in Vbios And unlocked bios for further tweaking. 

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

What you mean exactly? What is:  "set Fan control to normal" ?

i mean :  it's 100% speed since my gpu died ! i tried flash unlocked bios from 1st page but not working cuz i can't find any lines show like primary display ! 

• Bios Modder
10 minutes ago, hyenguyen said:

i mean :  it's 100% speed since my gpu died ! i tried flash unlocked bios from 1st page but not working cuz i can't find any lines show like primary display ! 

Yes, in bios from the first page of this thread this settings not unlocked. If you want to unlock it, post here your file bios backup, or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

18 minutes ago, Klem said:

Yes, in bios from the first page of this thread this settings not unlocked. If you want to unlock it, post here your file bios backup, or upload it into any fileserver and send me the link.

update : I edited that Unlocked Bios by using AMIBCP, directly setting Primary Display to IGFX, and after reflashing, fan is normal, workround at 2000 rpm ! 

thanks for everything !

On 11/19/2019 at 7:56 AM, hyenguyen said:

update : I edited that Unlocked Bios by using AMIBCP, directly setting Primary Display to IGFX, and after reflashing, fan is normal, workround at 2000 rpm ! 

thanks for everything !

Hi mate,

I have exactly the same problem as you do, except my MXM port is broken so I cannot use any mxm card in my laptop.

After 50 or 60s fan goes full speed because there is no mxm card connected.
Any chance you can provide me your unlocked BIOS?

By the way is yours Ivy Bridge or Haswell GT70? Mine is haswell...

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, sliderfra said:

Hi mate,

I have exactly the same problem as you do, except my MXM port is broken so I cannot use any mxm card in my laptop.

After 50 or 60s fan goes full speed because there is no mxm card connected.
Any chance you can provide me your unlocked BIOS?

By the way is yours Ivy Bridge or Haswell GT70? Mine is haswell...

if yours is Haswell you can just use SilentOption application to control fan

8 hours ago, ascarib said:

if yours is Haswell you can just use SilentOption application to control fan

Hi,

Unfortunately no it does not work.

The lack of MXM card make the EC controller go haywire and the fan to spin at 100%.

The only way to sort this out is to ask Klem to provide a modified unlocked BIOS and set primary display to IGFX and to force IGP to be working. This way, the MXM port signal is bypassed and everything is working ok.

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, luoqing45 said:

I only see GT60, it should be clearly stated whether the model is 16F3 or 16F4

Hi!

GT60 with CPU 3rd-Gen Core, it's 16F3.

• Thumbs Up 1