MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, Roma90 said:

Hi, tell me, is there any support for other video cards in the unlocked BIOS? 
My standard video card on a laptop is burned. I bought a new one on aliexpress, installed it. Windows system does not see a new video card, there is no possibility to install a video driver

Hi!

What the laptop model? What the model your old card? What the model your new card? Now Windows see new card as "Microsoft standard adapter?  What the color board have your  new card?

7 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

What the laptop model? What the model your old card? What the model your new card? Now Windows see new card as "Microsoft standard adapter?  What the color board have your  new card?

My laptop is MSI GT780, the old video card is GeForce GTX560M MS-1W041 VER: 1.0. I purchased a new video card that is the GeForce GTX560M model: P1065 (they look alike). Yes, now Windos sees a new video card as "Microsoft standard adapter". 
The color board  of the old and new video card is green.

Edited by Roma90

• Bios Modder
3 minutes ago, Roma90 said:

My laptop is MSI GT780, the old video card is GeForce GTX560M MS-1W041 VER: 1.0. I purchased a new video card that is the GeForce GTX560M model: P1065 (they look alike). Yes, now Windos sees a new video card as "Microsoft standard adapter". 
The color board  of the old and new video card is green.

Post here your original stock vbios from your new GTX560M card. You can prepare it by using Nvflash utility.

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Well, try to flash this vbios.

MSI_GTX560M.rar

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

• 1 month later...

hello there does anyone know if this file is till available? i have a GX60 and custom laptop that has the ms-1762 but its not msi its (powernotebooks.com) but there out of bussiness can anyone help? and by any chance would this also work with a msi gt660r?

Capture3.PNG

Edited by arsenex

hi! just joined the forum to download the unlocked bios for my gx680. :)

by the way, can anyone confirm if i can use 32GBs of ram? currently im using 16GBs and wanted to go to 32GB 4x8GB to run a few more VMs. thanks!

• Bios Modder
On 6/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, cabs14 said:

can anyone confirm if i can use 32GBs of ram?

Hi!

Yes, you can use 32GB of RAM (4x8GB), but only if you use i7 CPU.  If you use i5 CPU, then you can use max 16GB RAM only. This is for original stock bios, and for any unlocked bios.

3 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, you can use 32GB of RAM (4x8GB), but only if you use i7 CPU.  If you use i5 CPU, then you can use max 16GB RAM only. This is for original stock bios, and for any unlocked bios.

i see. im just using the stock bios with an i5 :( and using 2x8GBs thats too sad :(

by the way how long till im able to download a file from here?

i registered so i can download this bios file.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, Aniroma said:

I can't download the archieve. Strange rules, it says i must post 5 comments

and this is my 6th post and still i cant download.really a strange rule.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, cabs14 said:

and this is my 6th post and still i cant download.really a strange rule.

I think they want you to make usefull posts?

• Thumbs Up 1

Will I be able to use my gt683DX in UEFI mode with this unlocked bios? I did read something about CMS being enabled but it is not clear for me if i can install Windows 10 in UEFI mode ...

weird my cheap Dell latitude laptop from 2011 already had experimental UEFI while this expensive MSI gamers laptop from 2012  only supports legacy boot ...

On 6/21/2019 at 2:00 AM, OoZic said:

I think they want you to make usefull posts?

was able to download the file a few days ago. seems that it takes a while for the system to be refreshed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, cabs14 said:

was able to download the file a few days ago. seems that it takes a while for the system to be refreshed.

wish they would do that a bit more often ;)

Can I ask a question? Xonars unlock bios working on my GT780R but icant seems to get raid mode configuration to setup the raid? No popup just like the other press ctrl+i or ctrl+h to config raid after boot screen... pls help

Edited by kimmy0312

• 2 weeks later...