ROG G751JT GTX 970 M unlocked bios

jamespark

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, jamespark said:

Yea I have no idea how it got deleted so fast. I reuploaded it and also put it in a few other places, so at least one of them should work

https://file.io/UNZv5T5ZLUm9

https://mega.nz/file/u24SmbjQ#JVUJspbkXH5FxgJU1gxTbA_iFe2pBoWcvsyYd6aHYzQ

Thank you @Klem

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, DarKCallistO said:

Hello, @Klem , can you make me unlocked version of GTX970m bios for G751JT too?

I searched on many websites, but I couldn't find anything...

thanks!

My GPU Bios : http://darkcallisto.free.fr/Divers/GM204.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 4 months later...

Dear all, Dear @Klem

Happy new year to you :)

would you please to help me? I have an old asus rog g751jt, gtx970m GPU and it works only with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. I have checked with gpu-z and and cpu-z aaaand the gpu bios is kinda empty :(, see attached. when I tried bioses from differenty sites I didn't succeed, because of  difference in the PCI subsystem ID. Would you please please to help me?

YCAcd5K.jpgwfyQQPJ.jpg

Edited by rezsoke
mention an experienced staff

• Bios Modder
32 minutes ago, rezsoke said:

Dear all, Dear @Klem

Happy new year to you :)

would you please to help me? I have an old asus rog g751jt, gtx970m GPU and it works only with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. I have checked with gpu-z and and cpu-z aaaand the gpu bios is kinda empty :(, see attached. when I tried bioses from differenty sites I didn't succeed, because of  difference in the PCI subsystem ID. Would you please please to help me?

YCAcd5K.jpgwfyQQPJ.jpg

Hi!

Post here or send me your stock vbios. I can take a look. You can get your stock vbios by using GPU-Z utility.

Also, you can get your stock vbios by using NVFlash utility. Command:  nvflash64  -b vbios.rom

36 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Post here or send me your stock vbios. I can take a look. You can get your stock vbios by using GPU-Z utility.

Also, you can get your stock vbios by using NVFlash utility. Command:  nvflash64  -b vbios.rom

Dear @Klem

hmm, upload failed.

https://file.io/Gsp124AWCmnX

maybe like this

Edited by rezsoke

• Bios Modder

Ok. Correct vbios for your laptop I placed into this link:  https://files.fm/u/fgr7gvag9

1. Completely uninstall MSI Afterburner (if it installed) with all settings. Reboot laptop.

2. Download the program DDU (NVIDIA drivers uninstaller). Run it and completely uninstall all NVIDIA drivers.

3. Download and extract archive rezsoke.rar

4. Flash vbios (just run the command file flash.bat ). Reboot laptop.

5. Now install NVIDIA drivers with enabled option "Clean Install".  Reboot laptop.

6. Done. Now your card should work correctly.

Dear @Klem,

I have followed your instructions (however, I didn't have any nvidia nor afterburner installed clean win10 installation to a repartitioned ssd)

I got this error during flashing:

xTQmlmX.jpeg

The win10 is offline, because as soon as it goes online, tries to get some drivers, I think, so when the GPU is not using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver, the the screen looks teared apart :(

now I try to flash from bootable usb... maybe

1 hour ago, Klem said:

You can try to flash GM204.rom with using another NVFlash version. Command:  nvflash64  -6 GM204.rom  or  nvflash  -6 GM204.rom

flashing was successful, thank you very much for the help @Klem!

I have installed latest whql driver from nvidia, which resulted in a totally blank dark screen. 

Do you have any advice?

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, rezsoke said:

flashing was successful, thank you very much for the help @Klem!

I have installed latest whql driver from nvidia, which resulted in a totally blank dark screen. 

Do you have any advice?

Have there been any changes after flashing the vBIOS? Note, I sent you only original stock vbios from ASUS, without any modifications.

44 minutes ago, Klem said:

Have there been any changes after flashing the vBIOS? Note, I sent you only original stock vbios from ASUS, without any modifications.

Dear @Klem

nope, I have only run nvidia64.exe -6 gm204.rom

I restarted the laptop.

downloaded latest whql driver from nvidia then run a clean install (however, no nvidia drivers were installed before)

installation bar went almost full, then blank screen. 

Now I am removing the drivers in safe mode, and we will see :(

Edited by rezsoke

19 minutes ago, rezsoke said:

nope, I have only run nvidia64.exe -6 gm204.rom

I restarted the laptop.

downloaded latest whql driver from nvidia then run a clean install (however, no nvidia drivers were installed before)

installation bar went almost full, then blank screen. 

Now I am removing the drivers in safe mode, and we will see :(

so back to step0... win 10 installation. now it wants a driver media. holy moly :D 

@Klem!

Thank you very much for the help and for the stock bios.

I could install this: 

Version V23.21.13.8857
2020/10/07

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

little bit outdated driver from Asus support page :)

now I look after methods how to install more recent drivers, because the asus support was (and seemingly still _is_) a piece of crap 7 yrs ago, when I had so unlicky to buy anything from them.