RAM speed on desktop

PliSsK

On my Z370 based desktop with i7-8700K, I currently have Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x16GB 3000MHz (CMK32GX4M2B3000C15), with Tested Latency 15-17-17-35. I don't use the machine for gaming but general office type use. How much difference would it make if I were to swap out the RAM for another with higher frequency like 3600MHz but with marginally higher latency? e.g.

• Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 (16-18-18-38)
  • Patriot Viper Steel DDR-3600 (Base Timings 15-15-15-36, Tested Timings 18-22-22-42)

Thanks!

I guess not. I was looking at RAM comparisons and for most desktop use, 3200 does seem to be the sweet spot and it doesn't seem worth upgrading with C16 3200 RAM if I already have C15 3000, so the only RAM probably worth considering is some of the G-Skill 3200 C14 RAM but it is so expensive and the gain possibly not that huge, that it's not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...