Custom M17-r3 Inap Edition.

Awesome work!!! Almost as great as the yellow/black M15x... still my favorite piece of AW customization ever :D

How did you do this? Paint job? Did you remove the rubber coating?

Thanks guys. Yeah its a vinyl wrap, only have white atm the black is another separate layer, just testing it out gonna remove it later to see if it takes off the paint or not.

Haha just noticed should of put Boobs edition.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah its the original plate with a sticker slap on it. looks ok but the the lettering didn't look as clean as i wanted.

That's an awesome Crysis name plate you made.

actually i like this vinyl wrap, atleast when i get bored of it i can just peel it off and do something new. already thinking of redoing it, thinking of yellow or carbon fiber still haven't decided yet.

have any issues with the soft touch peeling when removing/changing out the wrap, or has it stayed somewhat durable?

• Founder
Thanks guys, don't know why alienware doesn't gave us more color options, I know for sure white would be a good seller. Silver was a great color too, don't know why they decided to drop it.

Alienware/Dell does some strange shit. Like why did they get rid of the custom alienware head colors and make it plain white? Makes no sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alienware/Dell does some strange shit. Like why did they get rid of the custom alienware head colors and make it plain white? Makes no sense.

whether it's the M17x R3 or M18x R1 (also M11x R1/2/3 & M14x R1...), this is a mod that needs tackling (perhaps even with a single color/high quality film between wled & logo?) if at all possible!~ :P given the location, avoiding any damage seems trickiest...

Edited by vikingrinn
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
I wonder if swapping the Alienhead from an R2 to the R3 would work... (probably not because of the circuit board and the firmware... but it would worth a try)

It wouldn't work cuz of the circuit board + command center doesn't have the alien head color as a configuration option.

• Thumbs Up 1