Nivdia GTX 1070m driver intall

DracoCommander

I bought this laptop a while ago and wanted to upgrade its graphics card. I went with the 1070m and I've installed it into the laptop with no problem. I've installed the vbios for it and am trying to install the drivers. I know I need to have a modified driver for it to work but have yet to find one. Tried to modify one myself but when it goes to install, it says that I do not have the compatible windows or hardware. I'm new to computers, so I don't know where to go from here.

These are my specs:

GT70 2pc Dominator

i7-4810MQ CPU 2.80GHz

with a GTX 870m before the swap

• 4 months later...
  • Bios Modder
On 4/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, DracoCommander said:

I bought this laptop a while ago and wanted to upgrade its graphics card. I went with the 1070m and I've installed it into the laptop with no problem. I've installed the vbios for it and am trying to install the drivers. I know I need to have a modified driver for it to work but have yet to find one. Tried to modify one myself but when it goes to install, it says that I do not have the compatible windows or hardware. I'm new to computers, so I don't know where to go from here.

These are my specs:

GT70 2pc Dominator

i7-4810MQ CPU 2.80GHz

with a GTX 870m before the swap

Hi!

Try to install Nvidia drivers with already modified inf files from this link:  https://premamod.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/j95-nvidia-inf/