[M14x R2] - VBIOS mod for higher boost clocks - TEST VERSIONS ONLY

svl7

• Founder
Hi @svl7! Im on ur modded a10 bios as u know! Is it possible to update it to the new unlocked a11 by the usual way? (using insydeFlash) or this is the only way?

thx for ur excelllent work!!

You can't update using insydeFlash, I'll have to release another version in a format insydeFlash understands. FPT is preferable though, why won't you use it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

• Founder
i always get error 252 image file "M14x-R2A11_FPT.bin" not found or something :( pls help I really want to unlock my BIOS

I followed everything exactly as in the tutorial

Does the file "M14x-R2A11_FPT.bin" exist on your use flash drive?

i always get error 252 image file "M14x-R2A11_FPT.bin" not found or something :( pls help I really want to unlock my BIOS

I followed everything exactly as in the tutorial

I also had the same error once I renamed the file. Perfect fit, but the PC does boot anymore.

1176461749.jpg

• Founder
I also had the same error once I renamed the file. Perfect fit, but the PC does boot anymore.

1176461749.jpg

Did you flash original A11 first? You should have.. You should only flash A11 unlocked on top of A11.

Try blind flashing a11 original first. And then repeat the procedure.

Did you flash original A11 first? You should have.. You should only flash A11 unlocked on top of A11.

Try blind flashing a11 original first. And then repeat the procedure.

I also have the same problem. Firstly i installed the original a11 and then this modded a11. *.bin doesnt found. If I rename it to M14x-R2.bin it complete the process but crashed down the copmuter after restart. Now I did a blind flash to a04 and update it to a11 ( in a11 no *.fd file) What do u suggest to me?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, great. I flashed the unfixed A11. Blind reflash ahead.

Edit: and one USB recovery attempt with stock A11 later and I'm the not so proud owner of a brick. Recommend not blind flashing the stock A11 firmware.

Edit 2: Dell is sending a tech to swap the main board tomorrow. I'm very glad I got the next business day warranty support.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, great. I flashed the unfixed A11. Blind reflash ahead.

Edit: and one USB recovery attempt with stock A11 later and I'm the not so proud owner of a brick. Recommend not blind flashing the stock A11 firmware.

Edit 2: Dell is sending a tech to swap the main board tomorrow. I'm very glad I got the next business day warranty support.

After a blind flash I have the right to a brick.

The Service Wednesday changed my motherboard.

In short it is not recommended to do a blind flash with M14X R2 (I already had 2 MB change because of his.)

I'll wait for the A11 this fixed because after flashing the mod version of the computer fails to start over.

To be exact it reboots repeatedly without even seeing the bios page.

I'm French so I'm sorry for my English, I love Google translate x)