Alienware M11x R3 in 2021

bryce.reigle@gmail.com

Hi! I'm new.

Anyone still using a M11x r3 for anything? I recently got one and using it as a throw around laptop since I do all heavy tasks on my desktop, and honestly seriously impressed how snappy it is. Repasted it and it runs cool and quiet and even plays older games smoothly like Black Ops 2. It's a top of the line config from what I understand, with the i7-2617M and NVIDIA 540m 2GB. Threw in a good SSD, Really impressed for its age and the size makes it really easy to carry around with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Great to read that people still use this once mighty machine. I would be interested how much difference the 1GB 540 compare with the 2GB 540 really does. Mine is one of the early 2617M with the 1GB 540. What did you use to re-paste? any recommendations?

• 1 year later...