M17xR3 max memory

ZoulouTango

Hi all,
now that I am in the zone, I checked my memory and realized that I got 16GB.
Can someone advise as to the maximum memory that I can have?
I recall that 16GB was what I was told a few years back but a search on internet shows various answers: 16,24,32 
Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by ZoulouTango

Alienware laptops can run  up to 32 GB of ram memory.  But most of the games did not need that much. You can think about rams as hard disk drive. So if there is no what to keep in it there is no reason why to upgrade to larger capacity store. So 16 GB of ram I think is more than enough . 

On 12/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, Just_a_man said:

Alienware laptops can run  up to 32 GB of ram memory.  But most of the games did not need that much. You can think about rams as hard disk drive. So if there is no what to keep in it there is no reason why to upgrade to larger capacity store. So 16 GB of ram I think is more than enough . 

Thanks for that.
I'll focus on installing my 780M first and maybe consider the extra memory as an extra in the future.
99% of the work I am doing is ok but when I try to run CMO ( technically between simulator and game) my baby shows her age. 

On 12/30/2020 at 3:53 PM, Rengual said:

Maximum is 32GB, but I think 16GB is perfect for the age ;)

Thanks Rengual.
I'll see how it goes with 780M first (hopefully this weekend).
Next in the list is 2960xm 
And last , might be the 32GB just to see if there is any improvement (CMO scenarios I am running include 10-15000 units so as an advert in UK says: Every little helps!!)
I am not expecting a ground breaking change tbh but I am curious for a first hand experience.
Stay tuned :)

(And a Happy New Year!!)

• 1 month later...

I am looking to do this same sort of set up to my M17XR3 as well, been a great computer for me! Just starting to learn how to change parts and pieces and came here for some of the knowledge and expertise that i hope to find here for troubleshooting some of the problems i am experiencing.

Love to hear how well this worked out.