P650RE Bios Request

hangflyer

I have a P650RE with i7 6800HQ and FTX970M that I have owned since new.

I read that some people have managed to get extra performance by undervolting the CPU and overclocking the GPU.

I am running Linux and up to now just the stock BIOS and vROM.

I would like to try the vBIOS that unlocks the GTX970m and also the main BIOS that is completely unlocked.

If Prema was around I would love to buy these from him, but I can't find a way to contact him any more.

If anyone has these and wants to share that would be nice.

If anyone has these and wants to sell them to me I am prepared to pay to get something that will definitely work and not brick my laptop.

Thanks!

Rolf

Reading through the forums I found a link to a vBIOS for a GTX970M used in the P650SE. It is a 3GB bios like mine.

I also found a link to the linux flashing utility and was  able to backup my existing video bios  and try and flash the unlocked/overclocked one I found in the link.

I got the following error where it complains about a PCI ID mismatch. Is this something I should take seriously or should I try and force the update anyway.

Is the bus ID hardcoded into the BIOS and and would that mean forcing this bios update would brick the card?

NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.414.0)
Simplified Version For OEM Only
Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GeForce GTX 970M     (10DE,13D8,1558,6540) H:--:NRM  S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00

Nothing changed!

Thanks again.

I tried to upload the stock bios, but it gives an error.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, hangflyer said:

I would like to try the vBIOS that unlocks the GTX970m

Hi!

Post here your original file stock vBIOS (from your graphic card). I'll take a look.