Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Zoarilamb

Backlight on GL502VT no longer working after flashing modded bios

Recommended Posts

I fiddled around with modding my laptops BIOS to unlock XMP profiles and hopefully seeing if optimus could be disabled. After flashing my modded bios and trying it out, I noticed that my keyboards backlight no longer turns on. I was unaware it requires an official BIOS to function. They backlights wont turn on unless ASUS ATK package is installed but now it seems it also needs an official BIOS?

 

The modded ROM and tool I used if anyone has any experience with this and doesn't mind telling me what to enable/disable, or anything else i can do to re-enable them 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zoarilamb said:

I fiddled around with modding my laptops BIOS to unlock XMP profiles and hopefully seeing if optimus could be disabled. After flashing my modded bios and trying it out, I noticed that my keyboards backlight no longer turns on. I was unaware it requires an official BIOS to function. They backlights wont turn on unless ASUS ATK package is installed but now it seems it also needs an official BIOS?

 

The modded ROM and tool I used if anyone has any experience with this and doesn't mind telling me what to enable/disable, or anything else i can do to re-enable them 

  

Hi!

Try this:  https://files.fm/u/xvpavb2p

Instruction included in archive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Try this:  https://files.fm/u/xvpavb2p

Instruction included in archive.

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately, this didn't work either. It seems that it only works if your keyboard already lights up during post.

 

Edit: I found this thread but im not sure that I fully understand it

Edited by Zoarilamb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zoarilamb said:

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately, this didn't work either. It seems that it only works if your keyboard already lights up during post.

 

Edit: I found this thread but im not sure that I fully understand it

Ok, in this case try this procedure:

 

Download and extract AFUWIN v3.05.04 (in attachment).

Download and extract archive GL502VT.rar (in attachment).

Step 1. Run AFUWIN (AFUWINGUI) and go to "Open" and locate the bios file GL502VT.bin

Step 2. On the Setup tab of AFUWIN, check only these boxes: "Do Not Check ROM ID" and "Non Critical Block 2". Uncheck all others boxes. Then click on "Flash".

Step 3. Once the process has completed successfully, simply close AFUWIN and restart your system.
Done, now your KB lights should work again.

 

https://files.fm/u/43ab6han

 

https://files.fm/u/e74ktz33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Anderitos135
      I have a iBuypower CZ-17 laptop, with a 2012 AMI BIOS that has E1762 as the version, which I believe means I have an MSI G70 motherboard. It has a 675MX GPU, but it's not useable in Windows 10 despite being "seen" in the device manager. I believe an updated, unlocked BIOS would fix my issue and have located the thread on this site with the BIOS I need.

      First of all, am I right? Will this fresh BIOS make my laptop that originally ran Windows 8 work with this old GPU?

      And second, I created this account, will wait 24 hours and made this post. Is that enough to allow me to download the file, or do I need to post elsewhere?

      Thanks!
    • By Zoarilamb
      A part of my BIOS got corrupted that controls my laptops backlights. Other methods like the Gary Key fix did not work for me because I do not get any light up during post. i followed this guide  that says I need to extract and use the 6MB portion of an 8MB bios dump, only AFUWIN tells me "Error, ROM file size does not match existing BIOS size which is because my laptop BIOS size is only 5.87MB.  I don't need to flash the whole BIOS, I only need to flash a portion of it. 
       
      I've searched everywhere online for a dump of my laptop model but non exist that I know of.
    • By mrwayne
      My laptop is Monster Tulpar T7 v2.6. i7 4710MQ, 16 GB DDR3 1600 mHZ, GTX 970M 3GB.
    • By mstfa
      i want an unlocked bios.
      laptop: ASUS ROG G751JL
      GPU: GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5
      stock bios rom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OiB61aGlFyfDYpN5e61Fo31x7OdyQg5H/view?usp=sharingGM204.rom
      i want it to be able to overclock it even more for gaming.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.