Lenovo y500 Bios backup needed

only4g

My lenovo y500 is Bricked, i messed up my bios configuration... i need to do the fn + r method and I dont have the stock bios files or the backup bios files.... I was using the whitelist removal bios from another post, can anyone share a BIOS BACKUP FILE for me please?

I need the BIOS for recovery my lenovo y500 laptop plz.... help

i payed 6$  to get your attention can someone help me recover my lap_

Edited by only4g

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, only4g said:

My lenovo y500 is Bricked, i messed up my bios configuration... i need to do the fn + r method and I dont have the stock bios files or the backup bios files.... I was using the whitelist removal bios from another post, can anyone share a BIOS BACKUP FILE for me please?

I need the BIOS for recovery my lenovo y500 laptop plz.... help

i payed 6$  to get your attention can someone help me recover my lap_

Hi!

For recovery procedure try to use this file:  https://files.fm/u/gb8z44ys

Also read this thread:  

Edited by Klem

Thanks for the file and advice Klem, unfortunately Im still with issues, I was trying to get the laptop to use the internal gpu, and ruined the BIOS settings, the laptop turns on but stays on a black screen, not even using an external monitor does the screen work, but if it turns on, the keyboard works, when using fn + R the fan runs at full speed, is my USB not working? It is 8gb, if it will have a repair? I forgot to mention that I had the whitelist bios from this same forum, the BIN file I need is version 2.04 modded, my motherboard says @QIQY6 LA 8692P

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, only4g said:

Thanks for the file and advice Klem, unfortunately Im still with issues, I was trying to get the laptop to use the internal gpu, and ruined the BIOS settings, the laptop turns on but stays on a black screen, not even using an external monitor does the screen work, but if it turns on, the keyboard works, when using fn + R the fan runs at full speed, is my USB not working? It is 8gb, if it will have a repair? I forgot to mention that I had the whitelist bios from this same forum, the BIN file I need is version 2.04 modded, my motherboard says @QIQY6 LA 8692P

In your case just use another recovery procedure:

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and start laptop (to go in bios setup menu).

3. Press F9 button, then Enter button. Then press F10 button, then Enter button.

• Bios Modder
33 minutes ago, only4g said:

the one you gave me what version is? 

33 minutes ago, only4g said:

maybe I need bios ver 2.04

This one it's a 2.04 version:  https://files.fm/u/j9w6xp8c

36 minutes ago, only4g said:

Still nothing happens

You doing something wrong, because if you laptop turns on but stays on a black/blank screen, and the keyboard works, then second recovery variant worked 100%.

This recovery procedure don't use any USB flash drive and bios file!

1. Completely disable laptop with long press and hold the Power/Start button.

2. Press and hold F2 button, and turn on laptop (but still hold F2 button). Wait about 10 sec, then release F2 button.

3. Press F9 button, then press the Enter button. Then press F10 button, then press the Enter button.

4. Done.

Screen is totally black, *no lights# nothing... just one led on, keyboard on (fn+R method works fans run at full speed but never ends the proccess it stays running infinitelly already waited 2hours with usb and nothing happends already tried with each usb ports)   your method doesnt work for me too, maybe its just death..... tried to short circuit the bios and nothing happends same.... I was messing up some bios config related to graphic card the integrated one, maybe i just burn this sh+t u.u the setting was something related to ram assigned to graphic card

vram something like that i put 256 mb

Edited by only4g