svl7

AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

Well, maybe you only changed the reading of the voltage with your tweak, and not the actual voltage... Here's 1.175V with stock clocks.

7970clevoHM_1175V.zip

What if the tension was not adjusted?

I'm asking because I set (dell) vbios to the maximum value, without any effect. :(

What if the tension was not adjusted?

I'm asking because I set (dell) vbios to the maximum value, without any effect. :(

Tension?

Tension?

Voltage.

In some languages (e.g. German) the word for voltage is the same as the word for tension (Spannung), that's why this gets mixed up quite often. ;)

1,225V (set in VbiosPatcher).

What kind of card / vbios are you using?

I have just tried the vbios with stock clocks and 1.175V, then I used msi afterburner to overclock to 1105mhz and it's stable.

So I have no clue why the 1100MHz vbios doesn't let me get past the login screen.

Alright, I think I know what the problem with the other version was, even though it's a bit weird, I can't remember running into this issue when I had the 7970m.

What kind of card / vbios are you using?

I use Clevo 7970M card with dell vbios.

Nice guide and it's the next thing I'm looking into after regular cpu oc and oc with ab.

Right now my gpu maxes out at 950/1400, though I'd like to push it to 1000/1500-1600

Just not sure which vbios to use with a voltage of 1.075....first timer but gotta start somewhere.

hello, thank you, work nicely

now i have ad 1 of my videocard changed and it came with 021 bios! 015.021.000.000.000000(113-C42904A1-118) the vbios can't read it , you know about this bios? what's new or removed?

post-5441-14494993908499_thumb.jpg

here is the bios (saved with gpu-z)

http://quebec-gamers.com/files/015.021_original.zip

thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

hello, thank you, work nicely

now i have ad 1 of my videocard changed and it came with 021 bios! 015.021.000.000.000000(113-C42904A1-118) the vbios can't read it , you know about this bios? what's new or removed?

post-5441-14494993908499_thumb.jpg

here is the bios (saved with gpu-z)

http://quebec-gamers.com/files/015.021_original.zip

thank you!

Yeah, I know. Mentioned it already several times. Will be updated when we find time. The current patcher is rather basic and not that sophisticated, only works for the old Dell 7970m vbios.

@svl7, would you know what components are necessary to activate AMD's Enduro? As far as I can tell, some Clevos have a specially vbios for it. They may also have DSDT code too. I'm trying to engage Enduro on a expresscard/Thunderbolt attached eGPU - a HD7870. It just happens to be very similar to a HD7970M but with higher clocks. Wish I had a Clevo P150EM close by . . .

The vbios has to support enduro. Some vbios have it disabled, e.g. the 7970m vbios of the P370wm. I don't really know where exactly the setting is, never had a system which supported enduro so I didn't spend a lot of time on this.

I know that there's a bit in the vbios which enables/disables PowerExpress (the technology which was before enduro), but I don't really think that this is still valid for enduro cards...

What else besides the vbios... I don't know. Probably needs some bios code as well, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone tell me what is wrong? i flashed the Dell7970m-900-1300-ov1075v rom but only the clocks change not the voltage?

Can someone tell me what is wrong? i flashed the Dell7970m-900-1300-ov1075v rom but only the clocks change not the voltage?

Some people have had luck changing the voltage by doing the following: Uninstall the drivers, boot into Windows and then run the vbios patcher. Apparently the voltage won't change with the drivers loaded into memory.

What does it say for voltage then?

The stock voltage for my card is 0.975v, i have flashed multiple bioses without the driver but still 0.795v :/ the max my card can handle is 900mhz on core...

Some people have had luck changing the voltage by doing the following: Uninstall the drivers, boot into Windows and then run the vbios patcher. Apparently the voltage won't change with the drivers loaded into memory.

Just tried that... and no luck still stuck at 0.975v 900/1400mhz wtf is wrong with this card?

Im using the latest 12.11 beta 8 drivers if that helps...

I'm thinking of flashing the 1.0v bios. My 7970m has a stock voltage of 1.050v. In some games the GPU doesn't seem to get full load(75-85% max) and I know its not a CPU bottleneck(around 50% max usage). Also when using throttlestop to enable the chipset clock mod to stop cpu throttling, the 7970m's clock drop to 450 instantly.

Do you think its because of the voltage? And should my card be fine running at 1.0v at stock clocks?