AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

what is the problem with it? I also have a 7970m in a m15x

Display port not working in my case, it is original Dell but still not working. I think something is changed in 015.022 vbios.

But this is just my suggestion. What is you vbios version and is it Display Port working ?

I am just trying to figureout why mine and I think to few other people DP not work.

Display port not working in my case, it is original Dell but still not working. I think something is changed in 015.022 vbios.

But this is just my suggestion. What is you vbios version and is it Display Port working ?

I am just trying to figureout why mine and I think to few other people DP not work.

I have the 015.021 and no issues at all since I installed it. I am also using the current beta drivers. Are you sure it isnt a clevo card flashed with a dell bios? The cards are different colours as far as I can remember. Another way to check is to select custom installion when installing the drivers and hd audio for hdmi should be selected. If that option or something like that option isnt there its probably a clevo card with a dell bios.

What voltage does monitoring software report for your card?

I flashed a clevo 7970m with the 015.017 stock vbios in svl7's vbios pack in the first post. Technically, I think it's supposed to be 0.9V idle and 1.05V 3D clocks. But every monitoring software I use says its 0.82V idle and 1.00V 3D. Is this supposed to be correct for the 015.017 stock vbios?

I have the 015.021 and no issues at all since I installed it. I am also using the current beta drivers. Are you sure it isnt a clevo card flashed with a dell bios? The cards are different colours as far as I can remember. Another way to check is to select custom installion when installing the drivers and hd audio for hdmi should be selected. If that option or something like that option isnt there its probably a clevo card with a dell bios.

Hum, I think I see it installing hdmi audio driver, also what was interesting I see hdmi sound device 6 times , like hdmi audio 1, hdmi audio 2 etc to 6, but on all of them it say not pluged inn. Tomorow I can post screen shot maybe since now I am on my iPad.....

Card is supposed to be Dell, I buy from NBR market place from same person like lordvader and seller clame it is original one, will post picture of it tomorrow as well to advise me.

What voltage does monitoring software report for your card?

I flashed a clevo 7970m with the 015.017 stock vbios in svl7's vbios pack in the first post. Technically, I think it's supposed to be 0.9V idle and 1.05V 3D clocks. But every monitoring software I use says its 0.82V idle and 1.00V 3D. Is this supposed to be correct for the 015.017 stock vbios?

What did you use to monitor the voltage?

I am in office now, and can post pictures of card and some screens,

Let me know if this helps, and do u think this is Dell card.

To get audio per HDMI to work you need the Dell vbios. However, I have no idea why you seem to have no picture per DP...

hi svl7, many congrats for your work with vbios pack, i've flashed my dell 7970m with your default one included in it and finally i had my card working at least in 2d mode without artifacts.

Now the problem is that, no matter what catalyst version is use, the card works only at 300/150mhz@0,900v and seems not able to increase it's frequencies and voltage to 3d mode (850/1200@1,050v).

I dont understand if it's an hardware failure or something related with vbios or software.

Would be great to try a modified vbios which increases 2d voltage to 1,05v (i know it will make the card work hotter), in order to fix the voltage at that level, hoping to raise the frequencies automatically (now the card doesnt throttle, simply crash the system with bsod when attemps to raise from 2d mode).

I tried also your overvoltage vbioses but they all increase voltage only for 3d performance state (as is obvious, since the aim is to reach the highest freq!!) so the dont solve my issue.....i need something with 2d mode 300/150 @ 1,00

I am in office now, and can post pictures of card and some screens,

Let me know if this helps, and do u think this is Dell card.

BR,

Ivan

ya looks to be a dell card to me, mine is the same colour, are the fans controlled by the system or by you? My driver install menu is the exact same and DP works no problem, what driver version are you using? I'm on beta 13.3.

Im not sure if anyone has been able to pinpoint the differences between the 015.21 and 015.22 vbios but you could try flashing a 015.21 bios and see if that helps. that is the only difference I can see so far.

Sorry I can't be of more help, if you want more information about my M15x just let me know.

I dont think they changed the hardware? If not its just the bios thats a bitc*, no?

The newer cards can change voltage via software, but starts to throttle like its not getting enough power :s

What do you mean that you can change voltage via software ??? on the 021 msi afterburner won't unlock the voltage control and performance menu does not appear in CCC for me (even with the -xcl trick) ...

ya looks to be a dell card to me, mine is the same colour, are the fans controlled by the system or by you? My driver install menu is the exact same and DP works no problem, what driver version are you using? I'm on beta 13.3.

Im not sure if anyone has been able to pinpoint the differences between the 015.21 and 015.22 vbios but you could try flashing a 015.21 bios and see if that helps. that is the only difference I can see so far.

Sorry I can't be of more help, if you want more information about my M15x just let me know.

I was thinking to downgrade vbios, but some one here say it is not possible to go down., is it really true ?

Im on 015.21 and the -xcl trick unlocked the performance menu for me.

Does your card throttle at 1.075v?

Fastest way to make it throttle is running furmark.

- - - Updated - - -

And does anyone know the diff between vbios 017, 021 and 022 ???

017 uses higher stock voltage 1000v / 1050v

021/022 uses lower voltage 0.975 but when forced to 1050v via software it throttles.

guys I really do not understand how you did manage to enable that performance menu... can you tell me the procedure you followed ? I'm on Windows 8 with 13.3 drivers ! Tried everything, even getting back to 12.11 or 12.9 ...

This is getting me crazy lol would love to see if mine throttles too ><

guys I really do not understand how you did manage to enable that performance menu... can you tell me the procedure you followed ? I'm on Windows 8 with 13.3 drivers ! Tried everything, even getting back to 12.11 or 12.9 ...

This is getting me crazy lol would love to see if mine throttles too ><

Just install the latest msi afterurner, create a shortcut on the desktop and type in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" -xcl

it should work for anyone..

i asked on NBR that if i could update my vbios so that i could boot on my gpu only and not be in switchable graphics when using uefi with windows 8 and was told to come here and this is the only 7970m vbios for i can find. So would can someone point me in the right direction so for the vbios i need so i can get the best out of my games thanks for the help to guys

Hmm that's interesting - the claim that vbios version 017 uses a different stock 3D voltage from 021. Is that really true?? I've run both on my Dell card and monitored with HwInfo64, and I see 1.00v for my 3D clock with both, even though the vbios patcher tool lists the 3D voltage in my 017 vbios ROM file as 1.05v. I've also run the 1.1v and 1.075v modified versions of the 017 vbios by svl7 and in those cases HwInfo64 does pick up the stated 3D voltages as they're advertised. Weird. And as for the question of whether it's possible to downgrade the vbios, I started with 021 and can downgrade to 017 and back without issue.

Hmm that's interesting - the claim that vbios version 017 uses a different stock 3D voltage from 021. Is that really true?? I've run both on my Dell card and monitored with HwInfo64, and I see 1.00v for my 3D clock with both, even though the vbios patcher tool lists the 3D voltage in my 017 vbios ROM file as 1.05v. I've also run the 1.1v and 1.075v modified versions of the 017 vbios by svl7 and in those cases HwInfo64 does pick up the stated 3D voltages as they're advertised. Weird. And as for the question of whether it's possible to downgrade the vbios, I started with 021 and can downgrade to 017 and back without issue.

i'm having issues (my card works only at 300/150mhz, unable to run at 3d mode 850/1200 causing crashes and artifacts) with my dell 7970m 0.17 vbios and i'd like to try also 021 and 022 bios versions but i was afraid not to revert it to 017, so it seems possible...true?

i'm having issues (my card works only at 300/150mhz, unable to run at 3d mode 850/1200 causing crashes and artifacts) with my dell 7970m 0.17 vbios and i'd like to try also 021 and 022 bios versions but i was afraid not to revert it to 017, so it seems possible...true?

I have read others did that and got stuck with 0.975v like us others, we just have to wait for the mirical patcher..

I cant wait to run this puppy at 1050core/1500mem @ 1100v B)

Could you send me a download link to your 021 vbios? id like to try it.

Is is clevo vbios or dell? And what laptop is it running in?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Could you send me a download link to your 021 vbios? id like to try it.

Is is clevo vbios or dell? And what laptop is it running in?