AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

I said that I've done just that. Issue is that all programs except MSI Kombustor (while running the stress test) show 1v. Kombustor shows 0.950v.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5920/voltagem.png

It seems that you have some kind of software crap.

i've tried this test and all the voltages and temperatures compatible with different programs.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3025/stresstests.jpg

Yes, should work, but maybe sound per HDMI won't work anymore with the Dell vbios.

If you let me know your current 3d voltage and what you exactly want I might be able to help you out... post a dump of your vbios.

My card is stable at 1000/[email protected] on Unigine Heaven, but it's throttling down when using a bitcoin miner (gui miner).

Would flashing a bios with those clocks and voltage help? Could you make one please?

Edit: Nevermind, I ended up flashing the 950/[email protected] and it's pretty stable, I'll just leave like that.

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and I want to update my sweet M18x R2 with 7970m crossfire vbios in the next time. I also want to update my A03 modified bios to A09 modified bios version. Which vbios version would be a good option to start?

Thank you very much!

hello there, i have m17x R2 with dual clevo 7970M flashed with dell vbios, unfortunately i only have crossfire cable originally for ATI 48xx , is there any chance for me that this cable works for dual 7970m? please advise also for the bios..

Thx a lot

Just wanted to say:

1.075 volt

980mhz core

1450mhz memory ( could go higher only not really benefit)

I wish I could go higher but my card is not stable on higer voltages (I think, maybe driver related??)

If I bumb to 1.1volt on 1000mhz it will crash on some moment, just goes out and reboots.

I have tried 1.2 volt also and i could get it up to 1105mhz with MSI but it will crash on some moment, just random.

I have stress temps of 62 degrees on 1.075! to bad I can't go higher :(

I just got my M17x r4 last night and I love the power house! But for whatever reason none of the modified Vbios work for me. I get either a bsod or a not enough memory error. Tested with bf3. My original vbios says 118 instead of 117. Thats never been a problem in the past with other cards though. Oh well, thanks for your hard work!

Hi guys

I try to flash the vbios with atiflash but I always get "rom not erased". I tried to unlock it and force the flash but I didn't work. Any ideas?

I forgot something important: I switched from a Dell bios to a clevo bios. Is it possible that the clevo bios is locked in some way?

Also have a strange problem ^^

I tried to OC with atiflash above 920/1320 but get BSOD everytime i try 3dMark11.

But when i use Afterbruner and crank ut up to 950/1450 i works like a charm, exept those DAMN flickerings when not in fullscreen mode :S

I tried with 1.100 and still wont work in 3dmark when i use ati flash.

Anyone else had this problem and might have a fix for it? ^^

The Bios version i have is 015.015.000.001.042717

(113-C42904A1-117)

Hello guys ... atttu

My name is Pascal and Svl7 I need you.

I upgraded my ASUS G73JH 7970M card Clevo ..

It all works fine I just have a problem with the power ...

When does the i7-940XM at most, the HD 7970M card does not work 100% utilization.

I need to decrease the Voltage.

Currently I have 850 * 1200 Voltage 1:00 Clevo VBIOS for HM series.

Svl7 edit my Clevo VBIOS version HM creating three different types of VBIOS?

one with 0.975 ... one with 0.95 ... Whereas it must always run stable 850MHz 1200MHz * ....

Thanks in advance Svl7 and to all of you ...

the link of my Clevo VBIOS to change:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rce4j6dhvrf09t5/7970M.ROM?dl=1

Yes, should work, but maybe sound per HDMI won't work anymore with the Dell vbios.

If you let me know your current 3d voltage and what you exactly want I might be able to help you out... post a dump of your vbios.

Svl7 Hello, nice to meet you, my name is Pascal.

I posted my message in the editing VBIOS 7970m

I can get some help because I have a problem of under-GPU, motherboard caused by an excess of power.

hi, i have simple solution for screen flicker, step one - in MSIAfterburner file put UnofficialOverclockingMode = 2 , step 2 in ccc enable LCD overdrive and set it to max

---

you right, i just try it once with flashing bios in my MB and guess what?!

---

i have 015.022.000.001 bios version on R4, do you think its good idea (and if its safe) to try flash it ?