AMD 7970m - modified VBIOS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I have a big problem :-(

I bought AMD 7970m from Clevo p370em. This card have stock Clevo vbios for working on p370em on crossfire.

Whem I installed it on my Clevo p170em, after power on, notebook fan speed is full and shuting down after few beep.

Card is normal recognise in bios but I dont have much time to flashing new bios for this 7970m.

What I suppose to do? What is problem? How I can reflashing bios on this card before notebook shutdown? I'm don't have p370em

ps Sorry for my English

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello I have a Sager/Clevo P170em and when i go through the instructions atiflash fails to flash the new vbios. anyone have any advice on how to make it work? atiflash -p i vbiosfile which in my case is atiflash -p 0 amd.ROM wont flash.

It is difficult to get atiflash to work with enduro systems. atiwinflash will work consistently as long as you force the card to stay on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi svl7 could you check out my 7970m bios and see is it the same? I see it had a different BIOS number and it also adjusts voltage depending on the load.

Note I only had to do -p to flash.

Is it possible to get the overvolted version with ability to adjust voltage on lower clocks.

https://mega.co.nz/#!sVsymCTQ!gr4QGL-FIbyrH5pfmlyoEYehmF0IuP9q9dU3HglJp9I

Hey Khenglish, how did you do it when you flashed your GPU? Atiflash or Atiwinflash?

I have the same setup as you but i`m still not sure what vbios file to use even after spending days researching about it on 150EM systems:(

Any assurance from you would give me agreen light for flashing my 7970m vbios:)

Best regards guys!

Hey There,

I see this thread has been going on for a while now. I am looking to buy two Dell 7970m cards (hopefully not very abused). How can I find out more about the version of each card. The way I read this thread is that version 22 is not flashable. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I was hoping to get some insight on an issue I have with my dell 7970m install in a m17x r2 that I believe is a vbios issue. My card is running but I'm only getting video output on vga and hdmi. My rgb led screen on my laptop stays black. I popped in my old 4870 and the screen turns on. I have a 15.022 card. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I was hoping to get some insight on an issue I have with my dell 7970m install in a m17x r2 that I believe is a vbios issue. My card is running but I'm only getting video output on vga and hdmi. My rgb led screen on my laptop stays black. I popped in my old 4870 and the screen turns on. I have a 15.022 card.

Where do you find the version number on the card? I remember a comment about "version 22" not being flashable. Is this in all rigs or just Dell products?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where do you find the version number on the card? I remember a comment about "version 22" not being flashable. Is this in all rigs or just Dell products?

I had a 7970m-CF setup previously and I think I found the version number either in GPU-Z or when looking inside the vBIOS of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Svl7!

First off, I've been following all the great work recently on the 980M bios, congratz on that!

I have acquired a 7970m from a Clevo seller, I guess he tried to flash his card and it probably bricked it.

I have at my disposal:

- Alienware 18 with 2x 780M

- Alienware M18x r2 with 2x 7970m

- Alienware M18x r1 with 1x 7970m

- 2x Alienware M17x r2(5870m and 580m)

Can you tell me what to try to see if the card is really bricked?

If it is, can I send it to you for fixing it?

Thank you