EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

I am having trouble with them. I get an error that says the driver identifier is missing and the driver doesn't get installed.

Edit: The old beta driver is working now. I am seeing 12.5k on just the GPU. The new 13.1 driver still gives the error.

I am having trouble with them. I get an error that says the driver identifier is missing and the driver doesn't get installed.

Edit: The old beta driver is working now. I am seeing 12.5k on just the GPU. The new 13.1 driver still gives the error.

Mine had the same error but they installed. The GPU score should be around 17k at least I believe.

The 12.11 beta driver works with errors, the 13.1 driver doesn't install period, and the 13.2 beta driver install with errors. How do I get rid of all the bits and pieces of the old drivers? I think that is what is causing the issues.

So I've been reading through this post as I'm interested in doing the upgrade myself and have a few questions as the answers seem to be all over the place:

1) Is the eBay Eurocomm Dell OEM kit the best option for an m15x?

2) Does the HDMI work for sound and video?

3) What is the best driver?

Thanks

I did a clean re-install on an old SSD to try the 13.1 drivers by themselves, same result.

I am going to try 13.1 WHQL soon on my Windows 8 64 bit. Will let you update soon.

I am going to try 13.1 WHQL soon on my Windows 8 64 bit. Will let you update soon.

Score slightly different compare to before. It is all good with 13.1 , i got at least 17k for GPU. How about you@eastbayrae ?

P/S : I think i can get it better by using Windows 7 64-bit . its too late for me to revert back and use Win7 atm :64:

So I've been reading through this post as I'm interested in doing the upgrade myself and have a few questions as the answers seem to be all over the place:

1) Is the eBay Eurocomm Dell OEM kit the best option for an m15x?

2) Does the HDMI work for sound and video?

3) What is the best driver?

Thanks

1 : Not sure about Eurocomm, maybe somebody here can give you a comment about it since i got my card from DELL.

2 : Yes HDMI work found sound and video here.

3 : For now on Windows 8 13.1 by AMD.

There are a lot of options, you'll find Dell and Clevo cards on ebay, or you can contact MXM-upgrade, their card works fine and comes with the proper vbios, also you get warranty.

Sound per HDMI works, I can't remember whether I had to use the Dell vbios in order to get it working on the M15x, but it definitely works.

Score slightly different compare to before. It is all good with 13.1 , i got at least 17k for GPU. How about you@eastbayrae ?

P/S : I think i can get it better by using Windows 7 64-bit . its too late for me to revert back and use Win7 atm :64:

I get 10k and no HDMI sound. The driver fails to install on any of the drivers I have tried.

I get 10k and no HDMI sound. The driver fails to install on any of the drivers I have tried.

Something is wrong somewhere if you get it under 10k. I'm not using HDMI sound at the moment (stick with default Windows 8 sound) but it definitely works under Windows 8. Do you have specified error when installing the drivers? How you install the drivers? Did you get it from amd.com?

I got the driver from amd.com. At the end of the install it says that the driver was installed with errors. When I look at the error log I see the HDMI section says it failed to install. At the bottom of the log it says the package identifier is missing.

- - - Updated - - -

I got the driver from amd.com. At the end of the install it says that the driver was installed with errors. When I look at the error log I see the HDMI section says it failed to install. At the bottom of the log it says the package identifier is missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm i cannot help you so much on this matter. But i guess it is more to drivers issue related. Wish i could remote to your AW and see how. Are you on Windows 8 or 7 ? if Windows 8, how much your score using the Windows 8 drivers stock?

This is the error report. I am on Win 8 and the stock drivers won't run 3D Mark.[ATTACH]5866[/ATTACH]

This is more weird! Stock drivers won't run 3D Mark? Any specified error??

On a very similar note, I sold my working Clevo 7970M to a guy who has an Alienware m15x, and apparently after install he doesn't get any video at all, but can hear the laptop boot into windows. Any ideas what could cause no video problem after throwing that card in? (it had stock Clevo BIOS as well)

Here is his report:

I have no display. When I start up my laptop I can hear it boot into windows but the screen stays black.

System info:

Manufacturer Alienware

Model M15x

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.60GHz

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Number of processor cores 4

Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Windows 7 Home Premium

I'm trying to make sure he updated the BIOS first, and told him about FN+F7, but I'm not sure how the graphics are switched on the M15x if someone swaps the video card from NVIDIA to AMD? Is there a Bios setting?

Also waiting on further info, like if external displays work.

Edit: it doesn't sound like that system even has integrated graphics?

The Clevo 7970M should work in the M15x just fine. He should update his system bios to the latest one, clean out the old drivers and try the latest AMD 13.1 release and see if it still gives him that problem. If it does, try reseating the card and if that fails, then he's either doing something wrong or there's a problem w/the 7970M.

That's what it sounds like, I hope he didn't break the card :( (it was a good card when shipped)

Interesting, apparently he is on A09, and has now tried a reset to defaults in the bios then reinstalled the card. Stil no dice. His old 260M still works though. Hmf... well. I don't know, maybe a VBIOS flash is needed for it after all? Bizarre, its just a regular 7970M from a Clevo 170EM, straight from reseller. (I've offered to take a look personally as I'm about 5Km away, so maybe we'll see what this is all about)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, the m15x Alienware (non Area 51 M15x) doesn't have IGP, therefore isn't this mod necessary? http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/688656-guide-blind-flashing-amd-7970m-modded-vbios-clevo-p1xxhm-laptops.html it would seem it is :)

Problem fixed as noted above

I just got it running about an hour ago, I flashed my vbios with the Dell version and it worked! GPU is running smoothly. I was a little nervous about doing it "blind" but it worked out. This thing is a monster compared to my nvidia 260m. Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

The problem is the IGP check on the 7970m from P1xxEM series which have enduro enabled/forced. One has to first install the Dell vbios or HM cracked VBIOS from the master svl7.

Here is some research M15x running 7970m on Ultra Settings for the Medal of Honor Warfighter. Settings all set to Ultra. Enjoy :)

Updated 7970m review for Far Cry 3

• Thumbs Up 1