Gaming pc 1000$ budget

airlink84

Question

6 answers to this question

1. Is the budget only for the PC or do you also have to buy a monitor, keyboard, mouse or other accessories?
  2. Do you already have some components like the case that you can recover?
  3. In addition to gaming, do you have other PC needs?

Keep in mind that the more components you recover (such as SSD and Case for example) the more money you can spend on the CPU, RAM and GPU.

I own a Clevo Laptop that is now at least 5 years old, with i7-6700HQ and a GTX 970m with 16GB of RAM and everything still works great.

With 1000 € surely a nice PC comes out.

I do like the scalability of the Dell M6700.  It's an older laptop and it's not "light" or "thin", but its a great virtual portable desktop with a 17.3" screen,  I have seen them online for around ~500 USD, and you can put 2 SSDs and an mSATA, 32GB of RAM and a solid AMD or nVidia card.

Chassis

• Left side
    1 - Lock Slot
    2 - USB 2.0
    1 - IEEE 1394
    1 - Microphone
    1 - Headphone
    1 - 10-in-1 media card reader
    1 - SmartCard reader
    1 - 54mm ExpressCard slot

Rear
    1 - VGA
    1 - RJ-45
    1 - eSATA / USB 2.0
    1 - HDMI

Right side
    2 - USB 3.0
    1 - DisplayPort
    1 - Wireless switch

Chassis:

Materials: aluminum and magnesium alloy
    Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.30"-1.46" x 16.41" x 10.65"; 33.1mm-37.2mm x 416.7mm x 270.6mm
    Weight: starts at 7.53lbs; 3.42kg (with 9-cell battery and airbay)
    Power: 240W AC adapter
    Slots: 2 full and 2 half Mini-Card slots

Video Card Options

• AMD FirePro M6000 Mobility Pro with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
    NVIDIA Quadro K3000M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
    NVIDIA Quadro K4000M with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
    NVIDIA Quadro K5000M with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated memory

I think its worth taking a look at if you are in the market.

Torpek

Part of your decision should depend on what type of gaming are you wanting to do.  1st person shooters versus RPG.  Evidently you would be able to get more bang for the buck if you use the money to build a desktop pc system versus a gaming laptop.  If possible I would consider increasing my budget to $1500 US if possible.  With the new Nvidia 3000 series video cards available, you would be able to build a powerful system that would hopefully satisfy your gaming needs for years.  If $1000 budget is firm then you may be able to buy a used system cheaper than building brand new.  If you decide to go used then get someone to help you examine the pc specs of any used computer you are thinking of buying, assuming you are not familiar with all the latest cpu/gpu's available on the market these days.  Good luck with the build.