EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
mx90

Dell M2200 Vbios Unlocking

Posted (edited)

Hello, I've got a Quadro M2200 (GPU: GM206GL-A Revision A1, and MxM 3.0a Maxwell card) with the following bios: 84.06.76.00.1C

I've read that this card is very similar to the GTX 965m, but that it has been underclocked considerably. It seems to be a good candidate for unlocking since I hardly see the temperature exceed 70C as-is. I'm requesting help with this - I'm not sure if it's possible to simply flash the vbios from a Dell GTX 965m (MxM 3.0a) or if some type of edit of the card's current vbios would do the trick. I'm hoping someone could help me out with the specifics of doing such an edit if that's the case. 

Thanks!

Edited by mx90
incomplete sentence

3 hours ago, mx90 said:

Hello, I've got a Quadro M2200 (GPU: GM206GL-A Revision A1, and MxM 3.0a Maxwell card) with the following bios: 84.06.76.00.1C

I've read that this card is very similar to the GTX 965m, but that it has been underclocked considerably. It seems to be a good candidate for unlocking since I hardly see the temperature exceed 70C as-is. I'm requesting help with this - I'm not sure if it's possible to simply flash the vbios from a Dell GTX 965m (MxM 3.0a) or if some type of edit of the card's current vbios would do the trick. I'm hoping someone could help me out with the specifics of doing such an edit if that's the case. 

Thanks!

Hi!

Post here your stock vBIOS from your card. I'll take a look.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Post here your stock vBIOS from your card. I'll take a look.

Also, I do have the Maxwell II Bios editor if that will help at all. I can see that I can change values there, though I'm not entirely sure which should be adjusted.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MaiTheLord
      Hello, I just got my exp gdc dock (Beast) and my GPU (ASUS GTX 1660 SUPER) and it seems like the bios "blocking" the egpu.
      Can someone give me a mod?
      Thanks
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

• By Hyuk Yun
      I need help to unlock my BIOS can somebody teach or help me??

I want to unlock the hidden advanced and chipset tab plz help me.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=172WwwQC-IGfGeFA55lr2a5ahe7rIS0Sf

• By mx90
      Hello, I've got a Dell Precision M4700 with a 3940xm. I've read that in this particular CPU and laptop model, the bios is locked because the stock settings are considered an overclock. As-is, the core temps on the CPU do reach up to 90-100. They seem to spike up and down a bit when benchmarked with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility, but they certainly do reach over 90C. Is there no way to unlock this bios (version a18, though a19 is released - I haven't updated yet, should I?) and even if there were, would my only option be a heatsink mod on top of that?

edit: I've mistakenly posted this under Desktop & General Hardware, perhaps a mod could move or delete the thread? Apologies!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.