EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
fibul

MSI GT70-20C-GPU Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

I am an owner of MSI GT70-20C and my GTX770m gpu i now dead.

I have a question and i hope someone will help.

I have ordered GTX 970m 6GB DDR5 and i cannot find the exact vBios for that graphic card.

My current bios version is: E1763IMS.51B

Thanks in advance,

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fibul said:

Hello Everyone,

I am an owner of MSI GT70-20C and my GTX770m gpu i now dead.

I have a question and i hope someone will help.

I have ordered GTX 970m 6GB DDR5 and i cannot find the exact vBios for that graphic card.

My current bios version is: E1763IMS.51B

Thanks in advance,

Hi!

You can try this vBIOS:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/209128/209128

and this:  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/209769/209769

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks a lot man.

When my graphic card arrives, i will post an update :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hax
      I have tried to update nvidia drivers of my notebook ge72vr6rf apache pro. The only drivers that works are the ones provided by the msi. The problem is that they haven't updated those since 2016 and I can't play newer games. 

Some say you need to mod your 1060 drivers, which I have no idea how to some says you need to update the flags in ini files. So please help me

Thanks for your time.
    • By mx90
      Hello, I've got a Dell Precision M4700 with a 3940xm. I've read that in this particular CPU and laptop model, the bios is locked because the stock settings are considered an overclock. As-is, the core temps on the CPU do reach up to 90-100. They seem to spike up and down a bit when benchmarked with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility, but they certainly do reach over 90C. Is there no way to unlock this bios (version a18, though a19 is released - I haven't updated yet, should I?) and even if there were, would my only option be a heatsink mod on top of that?

edit: I've mistakenly posted this under Desktop & General Hardware, perhaps a mod could move or delete the thread? Apologies!
    • By mx90
      Hello, I've got a Quadro M2200 (GPU: GM206GL-A Revision A1, and MxM 3.0a Maxwell card) with the following bios: 84.06.76.00.1C

I've read that this card is very similar to the GTX 965m, but that it has been underclocked considerably. It seems to be a good candidate for unlocking since I hardly see the temperature exceed 70C as-is. I'm requesting help with this - I'm not sure if it's possible to simply flash the vbios from a Dell GTX 965m (MxM 3.0a) or if some type of edit of the card's current vbios would do the trick. I'm hoping someone could help me out with the specifics of doing such an edit if that's the case. 

Thanks!
    • By victordenis99
      I own an Asus Fx504-gm laptop with an 8th gen i7 and nvidia gtx 1060. I ve been having issues with random hard freezes and I later found out that absolutely anyone with this exact model has the same issue and not even Asus service can fix it as they just replace every component and the problem persists so my guess is that this is software related.
      I ve been noticing that I Always hit power limit(I monitorised it with afterburner) and so I have power limit throttling. The thing is, for this laptop the power limit is locked and I cannot modify it.
      My last resort is to try a modified bios that can unlock the power limit slider. My question is: Is this possible? Are there any modified bioses that can unlock the power limit or the only way is to unlock it via the motherboard? If so, where can I get a reliable modified bios for my laptop and how can I check compatibility? Thx.
    • By ajdrenter
      Hello all! I have been researching upgrade paths for my M17x R4 and I have decided on the GTX 1060. Now, I was given this laptop with a dead GPU, and I had an M17x R3 already. So I moved the GTX 560m into the R4 which has worked fine. Now as I understand it a few things are needed for this upgrade including the 120hz panel and the ability to disable the legacy ROM for a pure UEFI boot. I have the 120hz screen, but the 560m uses the GF116 architecture which does not have a vBIOS which supports GOP. So I am thinking the only solution is to buy a cheaper "in-between" card which supports both boot modes, which will allow me to disable the legacy option in setup. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cheap card to buy as a transitional part? I have been considering a 765m but I am also wondering if there are any other good choices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.