Request for MSI GE62 Apache Pro 6QF GTX 970m 3gb vbios unlock

joonpark9

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, joonpark9 said:

I have seen that @Klem is the go to person for this stuff so if you could help me out whenever you have free time, I would greatly appreciate it

Hi!

Ok. Check your Inbox.

• 2 years later...
  • Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Ayufresh said:

@Klem can you help me need the same vbios unlock got the same laptop

Hi!

Send me your file vbios, or upload it into any fileserver and post the link. I'll take a look.

• 3 months later...
  • Bios Modder
19 hours ago, GChewie said:

@Klem can you please help me when you have a free time with unlocking vbios, I would really appreciate it.

Link to my stock gpu bios: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrEN_hhG4RFmylb22Pgreu7x_8klgrdR/view?usp=sharing

Hi!

Unlocked vBIOS can't help you with reduce GPU temperature. Unlocked vBIOS it is for overclock GPU.

@Klem Thanks for answer! Let me explain: I just tried on my own to edit my stock bios in maxwell tweaker and then flash it via nvflash to apply undervolting, but unfortunately there's always some errors - I tried like 4 different nvflashes already. What I want to do before applying overclock is to see how far I can go with undervolting first and from what I understood I need somehow to unlock my bios file so it would finally be accepted by nvflash.

I mean if unlocked vbios allows to set higher clocks I guess it also allow increasing voltage. So I believe it's also possible to go another direction by decreasing voltage. Sorry for noobie questions - my experience with undervolting and oc was only on rx480 where it looked much easier :)

• Bios Modder
3 minutes ago, GChewie said:

@Klem Thanks for answer! Let me explain: I just tried on my own to edit my stock bios in maxwell tweaker and then flash it via nvflash to apply undervolting, but unfortunately there's always some errors - I tried like 4 different nvflashes already. What I want to do before applying overclock is to see how far I can go with undervolting first and from what I understood I need somehow to unlock my bios file so it would finally be accepted by nvflash.

I mean if unlocked vbios allows to set higher clocks I guess it also allow increasing voltage. So I believe it's also possible to go another direction by decreasing voltage. Sorry for noobie questions - my experience with undervolting and oc was only on rx480 where it looked much easier :)

In unlocked vBIOS you can increase core voltage by using Nvidia Inspector utility, but you can't reduce core voltage.

• Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, GChewie said:

@Klem ah got it, thanks for explaining. But anyway can you please unlocked it for me when you have free time? I recently undervolted cpu and it helped quite a lot, so I guess I can get extra 100-200 mhz from gpu core.

Ok. Check PM.