M11x R3 Second Wind

Zombiebrrp

Hi Guys, I need the a05 unlocked to try new things and maybe give it a new breath. Usually mykids play Fortnite in it and I see low framerates, under 15 FPS, where it was a solid 30 before. I dissasembled the notebook and changed the thermal paste, with a small improve in fps. Temp keeps around 75ºc under full load. I'd like to know if throttlestop can help me get better fps at games. Any tip is appreciated. Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Hey man, I am in the same boat as you. I just picked up an R3 and have been doing minor upgrades, and answering questions here, but I just realized that none of these threads are up to date, they are very old. I also see alot of users still in pre-promotion even after having their accounts open for over a year, not very optimistic.

• 1 month later...

Well, I bought a better thermal paste Coolermaster Mastermaker Nano and got even better temps with full load. Now if I leave the fan without obstructions I get 67 degrees celsius top. If I leave it on the table it tops on 75. This is waaayyy better then before. As for fortnite I changed the DX12 to DX 11 and the framerate went up. I can get stable 30fps with everything on low and the 3d resolution to 85%. If you're going to dissasemble it follow the videos on youtube and be careful with the flat cables. This is a 10 years old machine, it will not run the latest games, I made my peace with that =(

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you guys for the hints with the thermal paste, DX11 downgrade and FPS mod. I restore my old and mighty m11x R3 (one of the first series with 2617M and 1GB 540). I love this machine, and it (still) fits my needs. Any recommendations for a new IPS screen to mod the display?

• Thumbs Up 1