New Gaming PC

crovax001

hi everyone, i wanted to get a new gaming pc, and possible i will get the component and assembly by my self,but i still didn't decided if go for an ital based sistem or amd.

so i wanted to ask for some suggestion for what can be better.

i been looking a bit for componet and i think the base from bought side can be:

intel : i7 9700 or i9 9900 with  a 2070 super nvidia grafic card, and i was thinking to get a gigabyte designare mother board

amd: ryzen 7 3700x or ryzen 9 3900x with rx5700 and still have no idea about the mother board

any suggestion?

thanks 

Hello,

I would stay away from the 9900K CPU with a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS and the Asus Maximus XI Hero motherboard combo for the moment because there are many people having boot issues and with boards / CPUs dying on them with that combination.

Asus Maximus XI Hero not booting

Several Gigabyte Z390 AORUS boards and i9 CPUs failed

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2203397-gigabyte-aorus-master-z390-boot-issues

I'm not sure but this could be a firmware or even a hardware voltage controller issue. If the Gigabyte / Asus Z390 motherboards they have are running too high stock voltage for the i9 CPUs and they end up burning up somehow..

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/4/2020 at 10:35 PM, RaZoRfi84 said:

Hello,

I would stay away from the 9900K CPU with a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS and the Asus Maximus XI Hero motherboard combo for the moment because there are many people having boot issues and with boards / CPUs dying on them with that combination.

Asus Maximus XI Hero not booting

Several Gigabyte Z390 AORUS boards and i9 CPUs failed

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2203397-gigabyte-aorus-master-z390-boot-issues

I'm not sure but this could be a firmware or even a hardware voltage controller issue. If the Gigabyte / Asus Z390 motherboards they have are running too high stock voltage for the i9 CPUs and they end up burning up somehow..

thanks for the info.