Nvidia 1060 Upgrade

BasedKnight

I've been thinking about trying to swap one of the newer 1060 Pascal cards (MSI version) into my P770DM-G, which currently has a 980M. There isn't much out there to go by for this particular model (I have come across various threads confirming it's worked for other models), but based on my research the MSI version of the card retains the standard MXM dimensions, so there shouldn't at least be any fitment issues. Can anyone confirm whether this upgrade will work and if there would be any other complications involved?

Apparently this isn't a very popular choice of upgrade, lol.  Had to pass on the MSI version due to the pcb layout and not being sure if the heatsink would mount properly. Just ordered what looks to be one of the Aetina reference 1060's off eBay, so if anyone is curious I'll update this thread once I receive it on whether it works.