Apologies for the spam Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TechDrago

Alienware M17X R2 GPU Fan speed

Hi,

I am having some heat issues with the GTX 680m I installed on my Alienware M17x R2 (yes, its old).  Having installed and ran HWiNFO64, it appears that the maximum rpm of the GPU fan is 2560rpm, even when the GPU reached a maximum of 93° Celsius.  The rpm seems low, but what is the maximum rpm of the fan, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By captcavy
      Hello everyone,, I need your expertise, I have a m17 r4, (2012) unlocked A15 bios thanks to Klem, it has a Gtx 675m in it now, 
      I would like to know the best GPU to upgrade to without losing a lot of the factory functions of the alienware laptop, like being able to use both VGA functions such as intel 4000, and the factory bios for the cooling of the GPU, I don't want to solely rely on the nvidia
      As a full dedicated GPU, let me know what VGA card to get and what vbios to use, I will gladly donate beer to you for your help, or point me to a member on this forum who can help me,
      Thanks, Shelby,  Aka captcavy
    • By MessiWessi
      Hi,

I read a lot of different threads about the maximum possible M17X R2 configuration. But after I was more and more irritated.

What is at the end the best performant GPU solution (with unlocked bios and dirver mod) but WITHOUT manual fan control and such things. Because if I want to sell one day my M17X R2 I don't want to explain and force the buyer to control the GPU fan per hand.  
    • By rusTORK
      When my first CPU fan on Y500 is broke i replaced it on something compatible (non-original) and planned to replace it later on original. Since that time happened a lot things, but i still using that non-original fan. But i did some research and here is what i founded:

I. ORIGINALS

1. Forcecon (marked as FCN on fan)
      DFS5413005MH0T-FC1C (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y400, Y500.

2. Asia Vital Components (marked as AVC on fan)
      BNTA0612R5H-P007 (5V - 0.5A)
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500, Y510p.

3. Sunon (marked as SUNON MagLev on fan)
      MG60120V1-C230-S99 (5V - 2.25W (0.45A))
      Spotted in: Y410p, Y500.

So, which to choose? Any recomendation? Maybe there also unexpected way (completely diffirent fan from another company for another laptop)?

• By natasha123
      I want to upgrade my GPU ( K3000M  to other card ) from M6700
      I found it :
      thank u. 

please help  
    • By Night
      Why  we cant change voltages on laptop gpu maxwell bios tweaker change voltage but ıt only on graphic it doesnt change or effect gpu ıt stıll same voltage on nvdia ınspector

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.