Best Ultrabook for a TB3 EGPU/Best Enclosure?

floodgates

Question

Dear Tech Inferno

I've been using Thinkpad x230T with an EC 1080Ti eGPU forever now, and been very happy with it, but I'm now considering an upgrade, wanted to try out VR, and most importantly get Cyberpunk 2077-ready.

So

After some research, I've shortlisted to: 

Dell XPS 13/15, HP x360 Spectre, and Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon Tablet. 

After years with X230T I'm really used to the touchscreen/pen input, I'm also very much into Photoshop, so the pen is a must.

XPS 13/15 seems like it's the fastest choice of the three, x360 has a nice look to it, good specs and a fair price point, while X1 Tablet seems like the perfect Photoshop machine, great kickstand, responsive pen, great color range and also great price and amazing Thinkpad durability I'm only worried about the CPU bottlenecking  the GPU.

Any advice? Any other machines I should consider?  

For enclosure I'm thinking Razer Core Chroma or the latest Akitio Node, what's the best, most portable option, I travel a lot.

Much love,

1 answer to this question