New Alienware Video Cards ATI/Nvidia - Dell posts some 7970m specs

andyausz

So the plan now it to wait 5-6 months to let those cards drop in price and become more available and then stick those in my m18x

Sent from my CM9 powered Galaxy Note

Should that happen at some point in the future and those two 6970m need a new home... :07:

• Thumbs Up 1

According to one of my buddies that just got one, the 7970m "does 5384 3dmark11's STOCK. That's zero OC on the CPU and GPU." From what I understand it will be able to overclock pretty high and possibly overvolt as well. Looks like this will be the card to get for a while. Might have to pick one up myself at some point. :P

According to one of my buddies that just got one, the 7970m "does 5384 3dmark11's STOCK. That's zero OC on the CPU and GPU." From what I understand it will be able to overclock pretty high and possibly overvolt as well. Looks like this will be the card to get for a while. Might have to pick one up myself at some point. :P

That's almost like 6970m crossfire...

mother-god-meme.jpg

Don't count on overvolting... it seems that the desktop 7000 series vbios are pretty much impossible to mod so far, due to some new restrictions in the driver and vbios. Well, we'll see how it looks with the mobile cards.

Damn. However, the card is still modestly clocked @850/1200. The desktop equivalent is clocked at 1000/1200. Same memory and only 150Mhz difference in core speed. Depending on how well the card OCs. 1GHz graphics in a laptop on air? Why not?

@widezu69 You've got me excited now... ;) In that case, I think I've got it planned out. I could sell a few things and gather the funds to buy one and maybe in a year or so, add another for XF when the prices have dropped. :D

Now I need to find somewhere to purchase one. Any ideas?

Wait a week or two, and you'll be able to get Clevo cards. As for Dell cards... you could call them in a couple of weeks and hope you got a nice rep at the phone who can handle this for you.

• Thumbs Up 1