CPI ID Missmatch on replacement GTX 1070 MXM

Axel de S

Hello guys,
I have a GT72VR 6RE with G-sync MSI Laptop. Sadly the GPU is partially dead (artefacts all over the screen, crashes, windows detecting a damaged hardware etc...).

So I bought an other GTX1070 MXM on ebay, which was used in a Vortex G65 6RE before.
Sadly, when I plug the new GPU in the laptop, the laptop screen stays completly off, but i can use the HDMI port. So i though that I would just have to flash the vbios to the one I was using on the GPU that died, but I couldn't because of a mismatch betwen the PCI Device ID.
The new GPU ID is : 10DE 1BA1 - 1462 11AF and the previous GPU ID was :10DE 1BE1 - 1462 11AF
Pretty close right? but the A1 and E1 variation are fcking everything up. I've read that 1BA1 is for non G-sync and 1BE1 is for G-sync. I've also read that the G-sync variation is not part of the card but is an external part no on the GPU board.

So now I'm wondering what can I do : is there a way to force the vbios flash or to change the PCI ID ? I really need some help here. I'm no expert and I've try as much as I could. Maybe I need to do some vbios editing but I don't really know how to do it and what to do exactly to make this work.

Thank you very much for your help guys

Edited by Axel de S