Alienware 17 R3

arulin

Anyone been able to boot past post on a 880m, 980m, or 1070 on an R3? I do not care if you got Winblows to boot. I will be using Arch and will hack the daming buck out of this damn driver into booting just like my 780m GTX has. I just need to know if this old classic can at least post on any of these cards.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello actively using the Alienware M17 xR3 with the Unlocked A12 bios fitted with a 880m upgraded from the 580m. The 980m will work with bios/temp lock tweaking and underclocking(Not worth the money unless u find it cheap, may be easier to find who knows.) Its currently running the i7-2720QM but this will be upraded to the 2860QM here in a couple days. The ram is modernized Corsair vengeance ram clocked at 1600mhz 16ghz.

Bios-A12

Motherboard-stock

GPU-880m

CPU-2720qm upgrading to 2860qm

Ram 2x 8gb 1600mhz  Corsair Vengeance 

This laptop plays Call of duty on high settings no problem at 45-60 fps.

red dead redemption 2

Gta V

Pretty much anything you throw at it still=) you will surely have to load a Modded .inf file to get some of these games to work. but as of right now they are running flawlessly.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...