[Desktop & Mobile] NVIDIA Geforce 301.24 Beta

Conker

NVIDIA Geforce 301.24 Beta Driver

Changelog:

Desktop:

This is the first unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).

GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as well as some really nice performance increases in top games.

New in R300 Drivers:

New GPU Support – Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 680, the fastest, most efficient GPU ever built. Explore GeForce GTX 680 and its new SMX architecture on GeForce.com.

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 570/580:

Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI

Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI

Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI

Up to 9% in Bulletstorm

Up to 7% in Civilization V

Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI

Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI

Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI

Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2

GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:

Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI

Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI

Up to 12% in Bulletstorm

Up to 11% in Civilization V

Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI

Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City

Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI

Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI

Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI

Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2

NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Surround Technology – Adds the following new Surround capabilities. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

Add in a fourth accessory display to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.

Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).

Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).

Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily ‘peak’ behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.

Add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).

Full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).

NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:

Alan Wake

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link

Left 4 Dead

Orcs Must Die!

Portal 2

Risen 2: Dark Waters

The Darkness II

NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:

All Zombies Must Die! – rated Fair

Ghosts 'n Goblins Online – rated Good

Oil Rush – rated 3D Vision Ready

Postal III – rated Good

Rayman Origins – rated Good

SevenCore – rated Fair

Stacking – rated Good

Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – rated 3D Vision Ready

Wargame: European Escalation – rated Good

Warp – rated Good

Wings of Prey – rated Fair

Krater – rated Poor

Other Details

Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.

Installs HD Audio v1.3.12.0.

Supports OpenGL 4.2

Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 680.

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Mobile:

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS :

This is the first unified driver from the R300 family of drivers (versions 300.00 to 301.99).

GeForce R300 drivers are packed with new industry-leading, GeForce-exclusive features as well as some really nice performance increases in top games.

Product Support

This driver supports the following NVIDIA notebook GPUs (please refer to the Products Supported tab for exceptions):

ION notebook GPUs.

GeForce 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M, 400M, and 500M-series notebook GPUs.

Quadro 5010M, 5000M, 4000M 3000M, 2000M and 1000M notebook GPUs.

Quadro NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).

Quadro FX-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).

NVS-series notebook GPUs (only those that support DirectX 10 or higher).

New in R300 Drivers:

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400M Series and 500M Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 570/580:

Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI

Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI

Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI

Up to 9% in Bulletstorm

Up to 7% in Civilization V

Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI

Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI

Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI

Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2

GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:

Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI

Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI

Up to 12% in Bulletstorm

Up to 11% in Civilization V

Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI

Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City

Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI

Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI

Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI

Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2

NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8M-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8M-series and later GPUs. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.

NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:

Alan Wake

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link

Left 4 Dead

Orcs Must Die!

Portal 2

Risen 2: Dark Waters

The Darkness II

NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:

All Zombies Must Die! – rated Fair

Ghosts 'n Goblins Online – rated Good

Oil Rush – rated 3D Vision Ready

Postal III – rated Good

Rayman Origins – rated Good

SevenCore – rated Fair

Stacking – rated Good

Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 – rated 3D Vision Ready

Wargame: European Escalation – rated Good

Warp – rated Good

Wings of Prey – rated Fair

Krater – rated Poor

Other Details

Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.

Installs HD Audio v1.3.12.0.

Supports OpenGL 4.2

Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.

Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL.

Geforce.com Beta-Legacy Drivers

• Thumbs Up 2

I have been using this driver a day or two and seems pretty good if this is the one reased just a day or two ago. I did not see the noted improvements in Skyrim but I do like the fact FXAA is finally an option to add to games which don't natively support it since it is a pretty optimized low impact way of adding some Antialising. The added feature maybe called Active Vsync or automatic don't remember... Works awesome it keeps my fps at at most the max refresh of my monitor by turning vsync on when normally fps would be 60+. When fps is lower that that it is great that it turns vsync off automatically creating less lag and helping keep temps down as Nvidia states in it's effect description. So another feature I liked was the double vsync which locked my fps at 30 max and this is great for me to play Witcher 2 with ubersampling but not the crazy temps associated with it where as without that I can see nearing 80c on stock vbios voltage and slight overclock on gtx580m over a few hours of play... So I'm digging the new Control Panel additions.

I liked all the features in this driver :)

But i did have severe performance hits when i switched to evga precision x, from regular precision. And for anyonwho doesnt know precision x is used to limit your max fps and overclock your GPU.

Seems to be great I can play Witcher 2 on Ubersampling (4 frames combine to make 1 refined frame out of your normal total fps in the games with max graphics including AA and AF and SSAO etc) So it locks me at 60fps max and if I add a line to the script i can cap at 30 fps so temps on a decent overclock doesn't overheat at all. With good paste job done and good temps in all other games this game with ultra plus UBersampling seems to overheat my main gpu in SLI over a few hours to 78degrees... any other games seems to get to 72 max mostly on a fair overclock. This new driver helps save power and heat with its adaptive vsync option. BUt they may need to iron out the "beta" aspect ;)

Truly a successful driver, it helps a lot with adaptive vsync and the other new stuff. It crashes from time to time, when I'm using Photoshop and VLC player together, otherwise no further problems have occured.

301.24Beta's best feature for my TripleScreenBeast is the centered taskbar.post-1291-14494993044676_thumb.jpg :36_002: