[solved] Connecting to a TV help

EDIT: Never mind. I ended up figuring it out. I just kept plugging it in and waiting to it to recognize it. XD

Original post: Sorry if this is answered somewhere else...I've looked and looked and can't find an answer that helps me. LOL

So I have a movie on my laptop that my dad wants to watch, and he wants me to hook it up to the tv...but I don't know how to do this. He handed me an HDMI cable and I hooked it up and all but the TV doesn't register my laptop.

I don't know how to do this and if you awesome guys can help me I would be forever grateful!

Jami

Edited by arwenundomiel90

yeah I have noticed some tvs need you to cycle through the inputsto reinitilaize the connection when it gives me trouble just plugging it in and sometimes on the computer I have to manually set up the external display. Glad you got it all set. Sometimes i use hdmi from my laptop though an audio video receiver then over hdmi to tv and again sometimes on of the above had to be done to display correct as often upon first connection the entire screen is garbled like white noise lol