Lenovo ThinkPad X250 / X260 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I bought a secondhand X250 from webuy.com. A lot of the useful components are disabled (Virtulization, Bluetooth etc). Just to confirm that if I buy the hardware you've linked to in the first post this allows me to read the BIOS. And then you will personally edit that BIOS dump to enable all the hardware options so I can flash the edited BIOS back onto the chip?

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Daniel Bradford said:

And then you will personally edit that BIOS dump to enable all the hardware options

Hi!

No, I can personally edit that BIOS dump to enable all hidden advanced menus an settings in bios setup menu. Also I can unlock whitelist for upgrade Wi-Fi card.

4 hours ago, Daniel Bradford said:

so I can flash the edited BIOS back onto the chip?

Yes.

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, PabloV said:

Hi Klem,

Can you remove the whitelist for the display?

Hi!

Yes, if you already upgraded to new display.

13 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes, if you already upgraded to new display.

Awesome! I have already upgraded to the new display, but Im still waiting for the programmer to be delivery.

As soon as I received it I will dump the bios.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, due to the virus situation the programmer took more time than expected to arrived.

Can you remove the whitelists please, the new display is already installed.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Many thanks!

Here is the original bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uryiaq05xsftpmn/x250_ori.Bin?dl=0

• Bios Modder
7 hours ago, PabloV said:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, due to the virus situation the programmer took more time than expected to arrived.

Can you remove the whitelists please, the new display is already installed.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Many thanks!

Here is the original bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uryiaq05xsftpmn/x250_ori.Bin?dl=0

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 1 month later...

Hello !

I tried a tutorial on the forum to remove the supervisor password on a X260 thinkpad but the winbond 25Q128FVPQ chip is not recognized with the programmer CH341A and ASprogramer (does not detect automatically and not manually). Plugged into the motherboard with a soic8.

Can you help me with detection?
Can I find the password with the software or do I have to write it?

Thank you so much !!! 

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, sam@83 said:

but the winbond 25Q128FVPQ chip is not recognized with the programmer CH341A and ASprogramer (does not detect automatically and not manually).

Hi!

Try use AsProgrammer 1.4.1 version, and choice Winbond -> W25Q128FV.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Try use AsProgrammer 1.4.1 version, and choice Winbond -> W25Q128FV.

Hi! Thank you so much !

It's already better, read memory it's done but it's empty after reading.

Do you have any idea of the problem?

Will the password be visible ?

Thank you

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, sam@83 said:

Do you have any idea of the problem?

I think your problem it is bad connection between SOIC8 clip and bios chip.

6 hours ago, sam@83 said:

Will the password be visible ?

No.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
3 hours ago, mrstimpee said:

Hi Klem. 

Would love to get whitelisted for WWAN Card and also advanced Bios Unlocked. Could you help me with that?

thanks, 

Bios:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eZv9pW8sAWVNeu2YcXodAwL1vU3R0cAh?usp=sharing

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, LE DUY BINH said:

Hi Klem!

I have a trouble with my new wlan card (BCM94360cs2),, always no wifi network found. Can you remove the whitelist for the wlan?

My bios: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOr5JPirGlsjR9k1-zMrY-PqNBqEPQYO/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks!

Hi!

In your case it is not a whitelist problem. If whitelist problem presented, then with every laptop boot, you will get error message:  "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card."

I think in your case it's a Wi-Fi drivers or Windows settings problem. Try to do this things:

Go to control panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan settings under the power plan you have chosen -> Change advanced power settings -> Make the wireless adapter settings to maximum performance.

Next, go to the device manager, select your Wi-Fi card -> go to Properties -> Advanced ->  Set "Transmit Power" to maximum, and "Roaming Aggressiveness" to lowest setting.

Also, under the "Power Management" tab, remove tick for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". And click "OK" to save the setting and reboot the PC.

Hope these suggestions will help.

Edited by Klem

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In your case it is not a whitelist problem. If whitelist problem presented, then with every laptop boot, you will get error message:  "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card."

I think in your case it's a Wi-Fi drivers or Windows settings problem. Try to do this things:

Go to control panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan settings under the power plan you have chosen -> Change advanced power settings -> Make the wireless adapter settings to maximum performance.

Next, go to the device manager, select your Wi-Fi card -> go to Properties -> Advanced ->  Set "Transmit Power" to maximum, and "Roaming Aggressiveness" to lowest setting.

Also, under the "Power Management" tab, remove tick for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". And click "OK" to save the setting and reboot the PC.

Hope these suggestions will help.

Thanks for your advision, but it's still not work!

Device  configured (null), i think it's been forbidden from bios.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, LE DUY BINH said:

Thanks for your advision, but it's still not work!

Device  configured (null), i think it's been forbidden from bios.

In any case, if you want, of course I can unlock WLAN and WWAN whitelist in your bios, and unlock hidden advanced menu. But I doubt that it can help in your case. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, Gregkrest said:

Hello Klem
I have Lenovo ThinkPad X260 (bios Password locked)
Therefore, I cannot enter to the settings.

Hi!

No, I don't work with any passwords.

Hi Klem!

Could you check this bios read if it's correctly read and mod it with the advanced menu? It's updated to 1.40 and there shouldn't be any whitelisting but there are some on wlan can you remove them?

Thank you! Here is the file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7vr52tdc21eded/x250_bios_1.40_v2-read.bin

edit: it's a x250 :)

Edited by seikiro

• Bios Modder
17 minutes ago, seikiro said:

Could you check this bios read if it's correctly read and mod it with the advanced menu?

Hi!

Yes, your file bios dump is correct. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
4 minutes ago, seikiro said:

flashed the modded bios, everything is perfectly working, advanced menu and whitelisting done thank you!

Ok. Thanks for your feedback.

• 4 weeks later...