Graphics card Driver won't/can't update Dell & eGPU

darkness1187

Hello,

I have a Dell N7110 With an eGPU setup. It works pretty good except I can't update the driver past the 372.70 driver. Whenever I do device manager says that windows has disabled this device due to error. What can I do to figure out what the problem is so I can update my driver? Is there a place I can find a customized graphics driver or some sort of website I can talk to coders? There are a lot of games out there that I would like to play but can't cuz it says my driver has known issues. Please Help. Thank you for your time.

Dell N7110 

Intel i7-2960XM

16GB of Ram

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX-1060 3GB

• 1 month later...

I can remove any file or is it a specific file that needs to be removed?  Then can I just put the file back after I update or will that cause the driver not to work again?

7 hours ago, misiozol said:

You can remove one file from system32 and it should work out fine ;)

I can remove any file or is it a specific file that needs to be removed?  Then can I just put the file back after I update or will that cause the driver not to work again?

1 hour ago, misiozol said:

try looking for BF1 solution for old driver error ;)

ok what is this supposed to fix the ability to play the games or the ability to upgrade to the latest driver?

13 hours ago, darkness1187 said:

ok what is this supposed to fix the ability to play the games or the ability to upgrade to the latest driver?

Check this thread on reddit, it helped quite a few people with this check :)

On 5/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, darkness1187 said:

its truly not hard to type something in google once you have some sort of answer, but all of you prefer just to type and get solution on silver platter :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.