X7200 CPU Heatsink screw sleeve pulled off mobo. Best way to fix?

DR650SE

Hey guys! Long time no see! Been ages since I've been here and wow has this place changed! @Briankeep up the great work!  I've been pulled away from my computer passion by raising 3 kids! All 6 and under.  Crazy how time flies! 

On to what brings me here.  Love you oming for some ideas.

My X7200 was recently shutting down randomly. The num lock and caps lock would start flashing and then it'd shut down. CPU and GPU Temps looked good, but fans were running a lot.  I figured whatever was hot was something HW Info couldn't see or read.  

I repasted my GPUs and CPU, put in new thermal pads as well. Unfortunately when I tightened the CPU heatsink, I must have over tightened a screw because it pulled the screw sleeve on the mobo out. Temps are still good, idle around 33°C, and fans run full bore all the time. So it may not have quite enough pressure on a mofset or something. On the plus side, I let the computer sit on for 16-18 hours idle,and it didn't shut down, which solved one issue and created another.

Would I be okay to superglue it back down to the mobo? Should I use some other adhesive? Then it would create a tad more pressure, evenly, and possibly solve my fan issue. Damn these old computers. Purchasing a newmobo would probably be more expensive than it's worth.

I really need to retire this thing, but it's served me faithfully since Oct 2012. Eventually I'll move to something more mobile and a desktop. 

• Thumbs Up 1