[SOLVED] Alienware 17 R3 970m bios mod?

Gameus

I've been searching the internet for a custom bios mod for my Alienware 17 R3 system and I discovered that Prema mods are basically impossible to find. I did stumble upon another forums that suggested this place and see if anyone here would be willing to help mod the bios or know where I can find already modded bios. 

I have an Alienware 17 R3 (2016 I believe is when we got it, maybe 2017)

Core i7-6700HQ

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/cpu.PNG

GTX 970M

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/gpu.PNG

Using GPU-Z, I dumped the GPU bios which you can grab here

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/bios.zip

Any help or tips or suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you.

bios.zip

cpu.PNG

gpu.PNG

Edited by Gameus

• Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, Gameus said:

I've been searching the internet for a custom bios mod for my Alienware 17 R3 system and I discovered that Prema mods are basically impossible to find. I did stumble upon another forums that suggested this place and see if anyone here would be willing to help mod the bios or know where I can find already modded bios. 

I have an Alienware 17 R3 (2016 I believe is when we got it, maybe 2017)

Core i7-6700HQ

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/cpu.PNG

GTX 970M

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/gpu.PNG

Using GPU-Z, I dumped the GPU bios which you can grab here

http://jugglingcode.com/bios/bios.zip

Any help or tips or suggestions would be much appreciated, thank you.

bios.zip

cpu.PNG

gpu.PNG

Hi!

Ok. Check your PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

17 R3 with an i7-6800HQ and a 980M here.  Are any system firmware available based on 1.6.1 with additional configuration/security (e. g. unlocked menus or latest ME)?  TIA

Edited by corhsin
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Alienware 15 with 970m 3GB and have been searching online for hours and trying to mod my vbios for hours to no avail.

Does anyone still have the unlocked vbios? And how can I "repay" the ones working on it?

Edited by PartTimeNinja

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, PartTimeNinja said:

I have a Alienware 15 with 970m 3GB and have been searching online for hours and trying to mod my vbios for hours to no avail.

Does anyone still have the unlocked vbios? And how can I "repay" the ones working on it?

Hi!

Post here your original stock vBIOS from your 970m 3GB. You can prepare it with GPU-Z utility or NVFlash utility.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
46 minutes ago, PartTimeNinja said:

Thank you a bunch! I'm curious as to what I was doing wrong. I'm a DIY kind of guy, and none of the tutorials and instructions I found online worked.

GM204.rom

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check your PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, PartTimeNinja said:

Thank you again for all your help! I don't know what's going on, but I'm getting an error. And it seems slightly different each time

I answered you in PM.

Something interesting: I repeatedly tried to flash using another version of NVFLASH and it went through. (The NVFLASH "Certs Bypassed" one helped.)

I still can't get past the 135mhz limit on MSI Afterburner or the EVGA Precision.

Any ideas?

success.jpg

hmm....png

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, PartTimeNinja said:

I still can't get past the 135mhz limit on MSI Afterburner or the EVGA Precision.

Yes, you are right, I just forgot to make one additional modification. I sent you a new file in PM. Just flash it and post screenshot in Nvidia Inspector utility (full window with overclocking sliders).

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ive just put a 970m in my old Dell m6700 - it seems to have got a lot cooler as a result. It would be nice to keep it that way but I want a bit more omph after making the mistake of not shelling out a bit extra for a 980m.

Here is a pic of my GPUZ readout. 

Do I need a custom vbios or will the SLV7 or Klem 970m vbios collection do?

Thanks

Jack

Dell m6700 - 970m bios.gif

Thanks. The 680m vbios I got from here dramatically improved the fps but the laptop always ran hot towards the end of the cards days - it got some crazy futuremark scores. I might not bother if the  vbios 970m improvement is so marginal. 

Does the 970m vbios just unlock full overclocking, or does it set new increased default core and clock specs for the card?

Well, I should clarify:

Without unlocking the vbios and being able to fully utilize the "Core Clock" slider, I got a 10% improvement in TOTAL score from baseline. That with the GPU being under 70°C.

After unlocking the vbios and able to increase "Core Clock", I got an 18% increase in TOTAL improvement from baseline. That with the GPU at ~81°C.

The sources I read say to keep the GPU under 85°C.

In the end, getting your bios unlocked will allow you to customize your experience, and you'll be able to fully drive your own performance. 

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
On 9/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, blackout51 said:

Hello :)

I'm looking for a custom vbios for my GTX970M attached below.

can't get past +135MHz on gpu clock and voltage stuck at 994mV.

GM204.zip

Hi!

If you want, I can prepare unlocked vbios for you. Check PM.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, Kenjr7 said:

Hi I'm try to get the 970m to work on my m17x r3 can you help me too

Hi!

I don't think that any 9XXM cards can work in old m17x r3 (2011).

Edited by Klem