[BETA][MOBILE/DESKTOP] AMD CCC 12.4 preview & Open CL 1.2 beta

svl7

OpenCL™ 1.2 Beta

Use these beta drivers to unlock a beta level implementation of the OpenCL™ 1.2 specification.

Install these drivers after you install the AMD APP SDK v2.6.

Use these drivers to update your existing Catalyst drivers. If you have not already installed the AMD APP SDK v2.6 please be sure to do that also.

To use OpenCL™ 1.2 with APP SDK 2.6, it is necessary to download the Additional Files from the table below and replace the included files in the APP SDK install directory.

Direct link for beta drivers Win7

Source

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
If you have skyrim installed could you tell me if there is still flickering with those drivers? 12.3 still suffer...

See,s like all the drivers on AMD still show those flickering textures in Skyrim not sure why but my 6970m did it no matter what. I hope its resolved in one of these drivers... perhaps people haven't said enough to AMD about the Crossfire Skyrim issues?

• 2 months later...

Just an fyi: Installed the 12.4 drivers and there is still major issues with xfire. Turn it off and the game (Skyrim of course) is amazing with very little stutter and lots of hi-res texture mods plus WATER mod. Unfortunately the occasional stutter would be fixed with a crossfire solution but I can't handle the flickering textures.

I read the 12.6 beta was addressing xfire issues so I hope they do have a working fix coming soon. AMD Catalyst

Not yet ready to beta test a driver as I am in final semester of my program.

Funny thing is until I upgraded my 8.763 drivers yesterday to 12.4 i could run the game with xfire and without flickering but the secondary card was not being utilized. And to my untrained eyes I believe the game plays better with the newer driver. Just the awful flickering textures with xfire left to fix.

Anywho... I see that most of the R2 owners I knew now have M18X's ... I'm jealous. :P

Hope this helps someone that may be still working on getting their AMD(s) to play nicely with Skyrim.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 3

That's the reason I abandoned Skyrim, due to AMD drivers and the flickering when on CFX

Same here. Couldn't be bothered to keep wasting my time to get the game going. Even if it works with newest drivers, I don't think I'll really care. :)

• Founder
That's the reason I abandoned Skyrim, due to AMD drivers and the flickering when on CFX

Ah AMD drivers, how I don't miss them..

P.S. Skyrim runs awesome in SLi :D

• Founder
Yeah I think it's about time I go green

Once you do I guarantee you won't look back. AMD drivers absolutely blow in xfire.

Sent from my GT-N7000