GDDR5 on m14x

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible that the m14x would have GDDR5 graphics in the future. It would be nice to have that kind of power in a small laptop but it may not be exactly feasible.

It seems that the only GDDR5 solution is to go with the m17x, but if I decide to buy one, I might as well just buy the m18x since it supports two video cards and it's about the same size. I mean, I dont think there is much difference between the two in size comparisons, and if I have to lug around a big laptop, then I might as well get an m18x.

I dont anticipate on buying a new laptop soon, maybe in a few years, but I'm just trying to speculate

• 3 weeks later...
well is posible because is already out in usa 1 GB DDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M :haha:

wow 735 MHz core @GDDR5 in M14x with 192cores would rock

Edited by mw86

• 5 months later...
Guest Alienware-L_Porras
How difficult would it be to get Dell to send me a new motherboard with the 650M instead of the 555M that mine currently has?

I don't think that's a possible option unless you pay for it.

Guest Alienware-L_Porras
Well yes, I know that :P I mean, is it possible to upgrade? I narrowed down an issue I have been having to the motherboard, and since I need (another) new one, I figured why not try to upgrade?

It does fit in the chassis but the price for the motherboard would be pretty much the same as buying a new R2. :P

• 4 weeks later...