Need to know size of case screws for Sager NP9876/Clevo P870KM1-G

AnonVendetta

Hi, I recently stripped a few of the exterior case screws on my laptop (specified in title) when removing them. I bought my Sager from XoticPC in 2017. I posted this qyestion on their forum a few days ago but got less than 15 views and no answer. XoticPC charges $40+ for these, of which there are 9. But I dont want to pay that much. You can get huge boxes of multi-OEM assorted laptop screws on eBay/Amazon for cheap. But since I'm not sure of the size (I'm sure they're all the same) I dont want to risk ordering yet.

Rough measurements with a metric ruler seem to indicate that they are M4x8 (4 millimeters in diameter and 8 millimeters in length. A guy on another forum I frequent says they are probably M2.5x6/8/10/12, but he is only guessing based on research and YouTube teardown videos. I just cant be sure.

If someone can please post the exact size of my model-specific case screws then I would appreciate it alot.

Thanks!

All screw sizes are listed in the service manual starting from page 51 of the pdf: https://rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=38 

EDIT: Looks like you're looking for M2.5x8 screws for the bottom cover. I had to get some for mine a few weeks ago and they're the same as the ones you'd find on ebay... $40 is crazy!

Edited by duffman_777

• 3 years later...

Unfortunately I no longer have this laptop as of 5 months ago. A thief forced open my apartment door in the middle of the afternoon and managed to grab it from my bedside table. He could have gotten away with more, but fortunately my neighbor noticed something wasn't right and immediately walked in to confront him. He wasn't able to prevent him from escaping through the window though. And police say they couldn't find him, despite a good description. From what I know it was a homeless tweaker just looking to jack something for his next dope fix. He later attempted to sell it on Craigslist, for which I tried to set up a police sting to nab him. That didn't work out either. I'm just glad he didn't get anything else.

As for the manual, I did check there before posting. But there is just so much info, I had trouble figuring out exactly which screw size was in reference to what part. So I posted.