Clevo P751ZM BIOS update or mod for NVMe M.2

picardilly

Hello @Klem

I'm in the same boat with a P770ZM.  I can see the drive 970 EVO Plus in the Samsung Magician app, and showed to clone to it, but can't get it to boot.  This is a personal laptop I use for work and I've been trying to find an old drive on ebay that is larger than 128GB.  I do CAD work and my programs are pretty big.  I have placed a dump below if you think you could help.  I've reached out to Origin, but they have already archived everything.  I will request their latest bios, but don't know if it will help.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://mega.nz/file/K0Z3hSIZ#ce-7XngK5d7OQp-AjfULi0d0WX5skYic_Ke6t9_Q4_0

Edited by 1kappasig

• Bios Modder
52 minutes ago, 1kappasig said:

Hello @Klem

I'm in the same boat with a P770ZM.  I can see the drive 970 EVO Plus in the Samsung Magician app, and showed to clone to it, but can't get it to boot.  This is a personal laptop I use for work and I've been trying to find an old drive on ebay that is larger than 128GB.  I do CAD work and my programs are pretty big.  I have placed a dump below if you think you could help.  I've reached out to Origin, but they have already archived everything.  I will request their latest bios, but don't know if it will help.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://mega.nz/file/K0Z3hSIZ#ce-7XngK5d7OQp-AjfULi0d0WX5skYic_Ke6t9_Q4_0

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
46 minutes ago, Imtri said:

Hi @Klem,

just got a used XMG P505/Clevo P652SE and now would like to use a wd sn550 nvme ssd drive.

Could you please mod my bios so I can boot from that drive as well?

Thanks in advance!

Here's my upload:

https://mega.nz/file/5gg1iALQ#PEWrVA8vWz5RR_LR3unBHpxXRuKfD-li833EgG6hPN4

Best regards!

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 months later...
  • Bios Modder
2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi Klem , my bios p771 PLS:

thank you

Leo

Hi!

Please explain, you tried install m2 NVMe SSD disk, but this disk didn't work? And you want to add NVMe support in your bios?

Edited by Klem

• 1 month later...

Hi @Klem

I have clevo p750zm

using BIOS Prema Mod v2 it is ok

i installed a ssd NVME disk ADATA SX8200P  and installed Windows 10 pro on it  without problems

But when I enter the BIOS,

I don't see the ssd NVME disk ADATA SX8200P as one of the available devices

Why?

https://mega.nz/file/5JMyiTAI#zbAgQoEcZyeUTxXZ_Uq68iW5fivNqNDS7BLPaOqwaoM

thanks

• Bios Modder
On 7/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, zorq said:

Hi @Klem

I have clevo p750zm

using BIOS Prema Mod v2 it is ok

i installed a ssd NVME disk ADATA SX8200P  and installed Windows 10 pro on it  without problems

But when I enter the BIOS,

I don't see the ssd NVME disk ADATA SX8200P as one of the available devices

Why?

https://mega.nz/file/5JMyiTAI#zbAgQoEcZyeUTxXZ_Uq68iW5fivNqNDS7BLPaOqwaoM

thanks

Hi!

• Important:
    • The "BOOT" section of the UEFI BIOS and the shortcut to the "Bootable Devices" will not show the NVMe SSD, although it may be bootable!
    • After having installed the NVMe supporting OS in UEFI mode onto the PCIe/M.2 connected SSD, you will see the new bootable system drive listed as "Windows Boot Manager".
  • Here are some advices about how to get Win10 properly installed onto an M.2 or PCIe connected NVMe SSD:
    • Save the important data, which are currently on the NVMe SSD.
    • Create a bootable, FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive containing the desired Win10 image by using the tool Rufus (important: choose the UEFI mode partition table = GPT).
      Here is a picture, which shows the most important Rufus settings:
      f50t871p14810n38_OuVTrMzF-thumb.png
    • Enter the BIOS and navigate to the "BOOT" section and - if applicable - the "SECURITY" or "Keys" section. 
      Make sure, that the "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" options are disabled. The "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM) can either be set to "Disabled" as well (better option, but requires full UEFI compatibility of the graphics adapter) or to "Enabled" with the ability/preference to load EFI BIOS modules for the Storage Disk Drives. If you see BIOS options for the "OS type", choose "other OS". This will disable the Secure Boot setting.
      Side note: Some users reported, they they had to disable the ASMedia SATA Controller within the "Storage Configuration" section to be able to boot off the NVMe SSD.
    • Most important: Unplug all storage disk drives except the NVMe supporting SSD.
    • Insert the prepared USB Flash drive and boot off it in UEFI mode (the related bootable USB drive should be shown by the Boot Manager with the prefix "[UEFI]").
    • When you come to the point, where you have to decide onto which Drive and which partition the OS shall be installed, delete all existing partitions from your NVME supporting SSD. After having done that, let the Win10 Setup create a new partition for your future drive C: on the related SSD. Then point to this just created partition as the desired future OS location.
    • The rest should be done by the Setup automatically. You will get a message, that some additional partitions have to be created. Accept that and follow the advice of the Setup where to install the OS.
    • Once the OS is up and running, shut down the computer, remove the bootable USB Flash driver and reconnect all your previously used storage drives.
    • Before you restart your computer, make sure, that the NVMe SSD resp. its listed "Windows Boot Manager" is on top of the bootable storage drives.

• 6 months later...
  • Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Alexandr_61 said:

Привет @Klem

У меня clevo p771zm не запускается windows с ssd NVMe  и не отображается в bios

Можешь мне помочь с поддержкой NVMe?

Hi!

Ok, your bios mod with NVME support done. Check PM.

• 4 months later...

Hi @Klem,

I hope this isn't a bother for you, but I've gone through a lot of attempts to get my Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 to get detected but none of it worked. Flashed my BIOS twice already but nothing seemed to work... I have an NP8156 (p650hp6-g) laptop, and I'm kindly asking for your help to mod NVMe support into it.

I just want to use it as additional storage not to boot from, if this bit of info matters.

Checked the link and tried to generate the results, but it reported some errors, have I done something wrong?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dhn89s

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Joey10Fingers said:

Hi @Klem,

I hope this isn't a bother for you, but I've gone through a lot of attempts to get my Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 to get detected but none of it worked. Flashed my BIOS twice already but nothing seemed to work... I have an NP8156 (p650hp6-g) laptop, and I'm kindly asking for your help to mod NVMe support into it.

I just want to use it as additional storage not to boot from, if this bit of info matters.

Checked the link and tried to generate the results, but it reported some errors, have I done something wrong?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dhn89s

Hi!

Your laptop model (Clevo P650HP6-G) already has full NVMe support by default. Therefore, there is no need for any BIOS modifications to support NVMe SSD's. Unfortunately, I don't know why your Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 is not detected.

2 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Your laptop model (Clevo P650HP6-G) already has NVMe support by default. Therefore, there is no need for any BIOS modifications to support NVMe SSD's. Unfortunately, I don't know why your Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 is not detected.

That is upsetting, but thank you for letting me know! At least now I can stop trying to mess with my BIOS, already ruined my splash screen with some generic Style Notebook icon :\

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, Joey10Fingers said:

That is upsetting, but thank you for letting me know! At least now I can stop trying to mess with my BIOS, already ruined my splash screen with some generic Style Notebook icon :\

Try to follow this instruction:

• Important:
    • The "BOOT" section of the UEFI BIOS and the shortcut to the "Bootable Devices" will not show the NVMe SSD, although it may be bootable!
    • After having installed the NVMe supporting OS in UEFI mode onto the PCIe/M.2 connected SSD, you will see the new bootable system drive listed as "Windows Boot Manager".
  • Here are some advices about how to get Win10 properly installed onto an M.2 or PCIe connected NVMe SSD:
    • Save the important data, which are currently on the NVMe SSD.
    • Create a bootable, FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive containing the desired Win10 image by using the tool Rufus (important: choose the UEFI mode partition table = GPT).
      Here is a picture, which shows the most important Rufus settings:
      f50t871p14810n38_OuVTrMzF-thumb.png
    • Enter the BIOS and navigate to the "BOOT" section and - if applicable - the "SECURITY" or "Keys" section. 
      Make sure, that the "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" options are disabled. The "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM) can either be set to "Disabled" as well (better option, but requires full UEFI compatibility of the graphics adapter) or to "Enabled" with the ability/preference to load EFI BIOS modules for the Storage Disk Drives. If you see BIOS options for the "OS type", choose "other OS". This will disable the Secure Boot setting.
      Side note: Some users reported, they they had to disable the ASMedia SATA Controller within the "Storage Configuration" section to be able to boot off the NVMe SSD.
    • Most important: Unplug all storage disk drives except the NVMe supporting SSD.
    • Insert the prepared USB Flash drive and boot off it in UEFI mode (the related bootable USB drive should be shown by the Boot Manager with the prefix "[UEFI]").
    • When you come to the point, where you have to decide onto which Drive and which partition the OS shall be installed, delete all existing partitions from your NVME supporting SSD. After having done that, let the Win10 Setup create a new partition for your future drive C: on the related SSD. Then point to this just created partition as the desired future OS location.
    • The rest should be done by the Setup automatically. You will get a message, that some additional partitions have to be created. Accept that and follow the advice of the Setup where to install the OS.
    • Once the OS is up and running, shut down the computer, remove the bootable USB Flash driver and reconnect all your previously used storage drives.
    • Before you restart your computer, make sure, that the NVMe SSD resp. its listed "Windows Boot Manager" is on top of the bootable storage drives.

Hi @Klem

You're right! If I remove all the other drives and leave the NVMe SSD, I can see it and access it with a windows 10 installer, and even make partitions.

The problem is that I don't want to install windows there, I already have a SATA SSD with it installed. I just wanted to keep it as storage, though after making the partition (not installing windows) I still could not see when I put the other drives back.

I'll try installing windows completely and see if it will show up as a drive when I run old windows.

edit: It worked, kinda, but alone. It looks like my Laptop stops recognizing the NVMe SSD when I have a SATA SSD installed at the same time.

Edited by Joey10Fingers

• 6 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hi Klem,

I hope you are well and I am sorry to bother you.

Is there any chance you could forward the same modded bios.

I have the same Clevo P770ZM and my bios is not recognizing the  NVMe SSD.

Regards,

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Odysseus Odd said:

Hi Klem,

Regards,

Hi!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 6:21 PM, Odysseus Odd said:

Hi Klem,

Regards,

Hi Klem,

Is there any chance you could forward the same modded bios too ?

I have the same Clevo P770ZM and my bios (1.03.15 version) is not recognizing my NVMe SSD Samsung 980 ?

Best regards,

• Bios Modder
On 1/17/2023 at 11:34 AM, snoop said:

Hi Klem,

I have the same Clevo P770ZM and my bios (1.03.15 version) is not recognizing my NVMe SSD Samsung 980 ?

Best regards,

Hi!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:18 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Hi Klem,

I have the same Clevo P770ZM and my bios (1.05.01 version) is not recognizing my NVMe SSD Samsung 980 ?

Best regards,

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, Leprikorn said:

Hi Klem,

I have the same Clevo P770ZM and my bios (1.05.01 version) is not recognizing my NVMe SSD Samsung 980 ?

Best regards,

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Klem,

I have a Clevo P770ZM laptop and I'm struggling to get my Teamgroup SSD to load up in the boot manager of the BIOS. Could I please get forwarded a copy of that modded BIOS also?

Kind Regards,

Edited by WhiteWolf